We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schooner Bay St Peter

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
807 posts
688 reviews
Save Topic
Schooner Bay St Peter

Considering a February stay here. Is it a safe area? Any comments on the beach--soft sand? gentle waves? etc. Also is the area close enough to Holetown to eat out nightly? I assume jet skis & hobie cats are available nearby too.

Thanks for any help.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,550 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schooner Bay St Peter

Schooner Bay is made up of very elegant, privately owned apartments. I have a friend who lives there and when I first visited her there it struck me as a very Americanised place. The pool is attractive but not very deep and the beach outside is lovely, but you have to walk along it to swim as it is a very rocky area. You will not find it is a beach where jetskis or any other beach craft visit .

The condos are on the edge of Speightstown so a car would be needed to dine in Holetown. You may be better off looking at Glitter Bay or Villas on the Beach for the type of holiday rental you are seeking.

Lancz
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Schooner Bay St Peter

It's close to Speightstown......minutes......on a great sandy beach area......Safety is a subjective term.....Barbados as a whole is a lot safer than most places in USA / UK /Canada where a lot of tourists come from.......Your normal security procedures are adequate....the same principles as if you we're walking from your own home to a restaurant .....To Holetown 5 to 10 minutes by taxi /bus dependent on the traffic and the temprament of the driver........relax it's Barbados.

.......It's probably the safest place I've been provided you are sensible......

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,550 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schooner Bay St Peter

Schooner Bay is definitely more than 5 or 10 minutes from Holetown even by car. but an easy trip none the less. It is a gated Community and security is good , so I'm told. However, I would always feel as safe here in a non gated place, as high security can read as " something worth stealing" to some.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,675 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Schooner Bay St Peter

IrishFan-80

Holetown is a 15 minute drive from Schooner Bay. The area where Schooner Bay is located is very safe and virtually crime free.

Regards

5. Re: Schooner Bay St Peter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 13:18