We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aspara restaurant in The Gap

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Aspara restaurant in The Gap

Anyone know when they will open?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aspara restaurant in The Gap

smokey66

They keep saying "soon"...whenever that is...

Regards

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aspara restaurant in The Gap

Back in May/June they had a sign saying 'opening soon', 6 months down the line....still not !

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aspara restaurant in The Gap

Same message observed while I was there in August Brett.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aspara restaurant in The Gap

They are apparently having town planning and/ or coastal conservation issues which is causing the delay

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aspara restaurant in The Gap

Tragic...they'll probably miss out on opening in time for this winter season.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aspara restaurant in The Gap

Barbados has "town planning/coastal conservation"?? ...Government BUrueaus that are just like the Barbados Tourism Bureau...inept at best. Interesting article in the Nation News today questioning the wisdom of BTA putting their tourism attraction dollars on Rhiannah's shoulders..I think money would be much better spent listening to what the tourists, hotels and businesses who depend on tourism for their livlihood are saying and then ACTING on THEIR suggestions. As far as I am concerned all the BTA has done with their latest campaign having her front and center is helping her sell more albums and enhancing her image as the voice of Barbados. I don't go to Barbados because some celebrity tells me to, I go to Barbados for the weather, the food, the ambiance, the friendly people, the accomodations, the beaches, the beauty, the rum, the fishcakes,in no particular order. Ok...rant finished...sorry for hi-jacking the post.Perhaps the owners of Aspara are merely being prudent and waiting to see how the current season is shaping up before they waste their money opening in an area that appears to nearing ghost town status?

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aspara restaurant in The Gap

2 weeks back , they were still opening soon . Probably the week after SOCO hotel .

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aspara restaurant in The Gap

lol Sunworshiper ;o)

9. Re: Aspara restaurant in The Gap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 15:18