We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting read !

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,556 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Interesting read !

Well some have noticed the comments on here about the 'decline' of the tourism industry in Bim. A bit of a long read but worth it IMO.

…wordpress.com/2012/12/11/a-few-good-people/

Barbados
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Interesting read !

Here is a link to a White Paper which the government is hoping to drive the development of tourism into the future, comments?

…wordpress.com/2012/12/draft-white-paper-rev…

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,491 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interesting read !

Thank you both for those links. It's obvious the message of what has to be done is out there.....now let's see what happens. Unfortunately whatever is done will take time.

Christ Church...
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interesting read !

Great Barbados Underground - Thank You. I really hope that our cherished visitors read and comment on the White Paper contents.

I do however find it interesting that the date on the WP is February 2012 and wonder what its been doing since then. I also suprised that it has not been circulated to the industry players.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interesting read !

PeachandQuiet

I'm not surprised it hasn't been circulated. It's more fluff than actual reality and substance. This is the same group who were to restructure the BTA into two separate entities since 2008!

Regards

Christ Church...
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Interesting read !

BGIWorldTraveller,

I notice that on page 29 (section 4) they have borrowed the Rev. Martin Luther King's expression after Transforming the Barbados Tourism Industry - 'The Fierce Urgency of Now'.

It gives the impression that the industry is really quite important and 'we' have to act NOW and not deliberate for another five years.

I wonder what this report cost the taxpayer?

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,556 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interesting read !

I never noticed the date P&Q, a friend told me about it and read it so i thought maybe at long last they were eventually looking at what many of us have noticed and said. Oh well.....

7. Re: Interesting read !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 07:16