We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we change hotels?!

UK
Level Contributor
177 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Should we change hotels?!

We are headed to Turtle Beach for our honeymoon in Feb, I'm getting a little concerned about the amount of new reviews complaining about the food.

We don't normally go AI but thought we'd try it as it gets boring thinking about what/where to eat.

Our budget is £4K for us both for 10 nights, should we change while we can or stick with Turtle? We like fresh healthy foods, I travel a lot and have stayed in some amazing places, I don't want to be disappointed!

Any suggestions? Sadly Sandy Lane is out of our budget!!!

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we change hotels?!

Dear Tinkerbell28:

Often those who write reviews do so to complain, those who were happy I think do not write reviews as much. Some people are very picky eaters as well. You could be pleasently surprised.

However, if you can get over your inertia about where to dine etc, then Tamarind on the west coast ( part of group ) is a gorgeous hotel to stay at for a honeymoon on B&B: fabulous grounds, lovely comfy sun beds/hammocks, lovely walks by the sea, snorkelling off the beach, swimming for free with turtles nearby, great water sports and a lovely free water taxi to

take you up to Conony Club ( also in group and gorgeous too ) to visit for free.

There are quite a few places to eat close by toTamarind or within a cheap, quick bus or taxi ride to the nearest coastal town - Holetown. The hotel concierge system is very good and they can do all the arranging for you. I can recommend some very good high,mid price and cheap eateries: a number with great beach views/and or entertainment.

kind regards

beachandsea

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we change hotels?!

Hi, I would reccommend the Island Inn hotel, its nearer to Bridgetown its not right on the beach but a two minute walk to Pebble beach/Carlyle Bay probably the best beaches on the Island St lawrence gap and oistens easy reach by taxi or the local cheap buses. The Hotel is first class waiter service every meal, menu is fab traditional bajan and British fare is served to a very high standard, you even get a proper sunday dinner roast potatoes the lot. Drinks are of a better quaility than he larger hotels I have experienced both you will not be dissapointed, its small very friendly best for honeymooners, (four poster bed available. Hope this helps and happy holidays

Edited: 11 January 2013, 14:17
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we change hotels?!

I stayed years ago at Turtle. Beach before it went buffet and it was great, then it was awful. Choose another hotel. Sandy lane is not in this category price range. Take a look at the Crane hotel and book s sea view room, currently running specials with breakfasts included. Or perhaps colony club. AI are never gret deals, so many great restaurants in Barbaos. There have been some negative reviews of the crane, not sure why, have visited fr lunch and will be going next month. There is on going construction in the park residences but te sea view rooms you will not hear or see anything. I've sent two set of friends and they loved it. See if reservations will upgrade you since its your honeymoon, they dd this for my friend.

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should we change hotels?!

Bear in mind The Crane is miles from anywhere !

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should we change hotels?!

You can alo take a look at the Faiemont, which is lovely, but I think out of your price range. However I'd say the crane is very good value for your dollar and has a lovely beach and pools with some very nice rooms.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should we change hotels?!

It's a 20 minute cab ride to restaurants outside the hotel. It has a beautiful beach and pools and if you want to see the island hire a car for the day.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,181 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should we change hotels?!

Tinkebell28

I personally wouldn't change. Turtle Beach is the best all inclusive hotel on the South Coast of Barbados. It's been over two years since I last got a negative report about it. Things there only ever seem to get better and better.

Regards

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Should we change hotels?!

Which ever hotel you choose do check to see which are geared towards kids and families as this is your honeymoon. Turtle beach is very much family oriented with kids club and lots of kids in pools. Colony Club a bit staid. Fairmont and crane more honeymoon oriented but also get kids but not to the extent of turtle beach.

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Should we change hotels?!

Good point re kids from Ginger Canada: We had a lot at Tamarind this Christmas,but not as many at all at Colony Club same timer. But we hardly any last June at Tamarind. Staff tell me there that many of their repeat,mainly adult guests come back each February !

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Should we change hotels?!

If you like modern contemporary you could consider Ocean2. Almost next door to Turtle Beach.