We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados or Cayman Islands or?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Barbados or Cayman Islands or?

My fiance and I are doing our honeymoon in the middle of June. We have looked at the Barbados and Cayman Islands and they both sound wonderful. Below is what I am looking to get out of my honeymoon- would Cayman Islands or Barbados be better? Or somewhere else? (suggestions)?

We don't scuba, but we would like to try snorkeling.

Want romantic

want adventurous fun places to explore, fun excursions to go on

Love Beach bars and music and fun summer days, but don't care anything for nightclubs

Would love beautiful beaches and beautiful waters :)

Mentioned in this post
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,798 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados or Cayman Islands or?

Barbados will tick off most of the things you are looking for as well as friendly people, good restaurants, beautiful beaches.

What did you think of the recommendation you received for Thailand?

IMO you need to do some reading such as 'Things to Do' to give you an idea of what is available and check out the different websites. Only you can decide.

http://www.beachesofbarbados.com/

The above site is a way to check out the many beaches in Barbados.

Mentioned in this post
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados or Cayman Islands or?

I would LOVE to go to Thailand, but after looking at prices, we will have to do it another year. I am hoping to keep the honeymoon between 4-7k. I will go th Thailand though and loved the site about it. Looks like an amazing place!!!!

Edited: 18 January 2013, 04:43
Mentioned in this post
New York
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados or Cayman Islands or?

Any other responses? I look for about the same requirements in an island. I am trying to decide on which one.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbados or Cayman Islands or?

What type of things do you consider adventuresome? That will help in giving you some ideas.

Both places you're looking at have similarities but also differences.

5. Re: Barbados or Cayman Islands or?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 14:35
Edited: 23 April 2015, 14:35
Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
384 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barbados or Cayman Islands or?

Having been to both islands, I can say they are both quite different - though there are also many similarities.

Of the two, there's more to see & do on Barbados which is more commercial, and more developed.

However if truly beautiful beaches and azure waters are the biggest draws, then Antigua is the place to go !!

Another suggestion - if you are so undecided, perhaps a Caribbean cruise would give you a sufficent 'taster' experience to decide on a more in depth anniversary vacation !

Mentioned in this post
Antigua
Antigua
Antigua and Barbuda
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Cranston, Rhode...
Level Contributor
72 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barbados or Cayman Islands or?

I have been to both and I think Cayman Islands....

The water is crystal clear, there are many romantic restaurants and so many wonderful excursions.

We stayed at the Westin casuarina and loved it! The ritz next door looked equally nice :)

I personally didn't care for Barbados- the water where we stayed was dark and rough, & it was not romantic-

Good luck! Anywhere you go in the Caribbean is paradise :)

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,739 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barbados or Cayman Islands or?

Dark and rough ?? where abouts did you stay ?

9. Re: Barbados or Cayman Islands or?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 05:15