We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unusual / Interesting Activities For Teens Please ?

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Unusual / Interesting Activities For Teens Please ?

We are going to Barbados in a couple of weeks with teens; a boy nearly 16, and a girl nearly 12. Both enjoy activities on the adventurous side. I'm wondering what others have tried/ could suggest ? We'll probably try the zip wiring.... but I'm scratching my head after that !

Also as parents, we'd quite like an island tour - but unless it has some element to interest the kids they will be sat in the back with their headphones plugged in, asleep...which makes it an annoying waste of money ! Are there any tours that are likely to have them AWAKE and on the edge of their seats available in Barbados ? Or am I being totally unrealistic ?

Suggestions on both would be much appreciated - and NO, leaving them both at home is NOT an option (yet).

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,058 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unusual / Interesting Activities For Teens Please ?

There are no real "edgy" tours that will keep them looking. Zip Lining probably but being teens they're in their own world :-). We were told by our children though they went with us everywhere in Barbados it was an obligation. Their favourite spot was the beach boogie boarding all the time and they made their own fun.

Best of luck and enjoy:-)

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,270 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unusual / Interesting Activities For Teens Please ?

There are 4x4 Jeep Island Tours that they would love :

http://www.islandsafari.bb

They could also take a surfing lesson at Zeds Surf school or Barrys surf school on the south coast.

They would also enjoy a trip on one of the Catamarans to swim with the turtles.

Plenty of jetskis for hire ... your teens can go on an accompanied ride.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,670 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unusual / Interesting Activities For Teens Please ?

jdybnsn

I also agree that they would love a 4x4 Island Safari Tour. That will definitely keep them awake.

Regards

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unusual / Interesting Activities For Teens Please ?

Jdybnsn.

What about Segway riding ?. Teens are welcome and they also do hotel pick up to take you to the tour .

They can be contacted at - Segwayofbarbados@gmail.com. They advise to book in advance .

They will definitely keep awake or they will be face down in the dirt . LOL

Edited: 28 January 2013, 12:53
Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unusual / Interesting Activities For Teens Please ?

Stand up paddle boarding by the cruising club (near Hilton, on Pebbles beach) with Jason, he has a SUP shop there. At the other end of that bay is Boatyard where they can use the water trampoline and slides. There's usually lots of other teens in that area and by the cruising club beach also.

Essex
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unusual / Interesting Activities For Teens Please ?

I would definitely recommend surfing lessons. We have our lessons with Boosys surf school and have found Christian to be brilliant. Our two daughters are 14 and 16 and can't wait to return for more surfing. It was a fabulous family activity .

Donna

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unusual / Interesting Activities For Teens Please ?

Jeep Safari and Cat trip would be excellent

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Unusual / Interesting Activities For Teens Please ?

I was going to suggest a lot of the things mentioned (Segway, ziplining, 4x4 tour, surfing etc), in addition, there's a the Atlantis Submarine that is a bit different or snorkelling at Folkestone Marine Park. If they like walking (some teens do, some don't I guess!), Hike Barbados do trips on a Sunday. Maybe for something a bit local, find a rum shop or group of locals and join in a game of dominoes Bajan style!

Unfortunately, most of it costs money!!

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Unusual / Interesting Activities For Teens Please ?

Horse riding

Zip wire

Surfing

Boogie boarding

Jet ski

Sailing

Chocolate factory

We took 2 teen boys and I agree the beach entertains day after day.

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Unusual / Interesting Activities For Teens Please ?

Thanks for all your suggestions !! All really good ideas - I'll take a look at them all, and discus with the teens in question.