We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prince Andrew's House?

New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Prince Andrew's House?

This review was posted on TA -

"I loved the crane for brunch including the crane beach afterwards. However i think that the main attraction is not the breakfast brunch but the bajan gospel singers. Delightful. Spectacular views from the restaurant and the grounds,including a view of prince andrew's house! "

Does anyone who which house it is? I haven't heard this before. Going back to The Crane tomorrow.

Hastings, Barbados
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Prince Andrew's House?

its the one on the left side of the walkway down to crane beach from the far side..if you can understand what i mean..eugene melnyk is the one on the crane beach side(right)...he owns BERTS BAR and the OTTAWA SENATORS

New York
Level Contributor
500 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prince Andrew's House?

Thanks Bajant. I think I know which one. They were doing a lot of work on it and I think I recall a big crane there, when I was there last February.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prince Andrew's House?

I have heard this story before but my understanding was that he had stayed there, not that he owned it?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prince Andrew's House?

Dunnedg

AFAIK, he does indeed own the property.

Regards

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prince Andrew's House?

Thanks BGI

Do you know if he visits often ? With all his airmiles he would get cheap flights with BA!

I must pop along and see him when next at the Crane.

Off course he wont have much of a view of Crane beach but an excellent view of the beautifully deserted Ginger Beach.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prince Andrew's House?

Dunnedg

Not that often. He was here in 2012 though. Always flies First on BA.

Regards

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,636 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prince Andrew's House?

The house called Crane House, which sits on the small roundabout at the Crane (at the public access road area) was to have been Andrews house. This was constructed by Kiffen Simpson, Bajan and owner of the Suzuki Franchise all over the caribbean (among other things), as a gift to Sarah and Andrew.. When things with south.. they decided he wasn't getting it and they live there now..

8. Re: Prince Andrew's House?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 06:18