We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for Inactive Mom and Active Dad and 17 year old boy

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel for Inactive Mom and Active Dad and 17 year old boy

Going 1st week of April. From research here was thinking Ocean 2 or Hilton. Seems I can get a nicer room for less money at Ocean 2. Just dont want me son to be too bored. Will prob rent a jeep to explore island with the young lad while the wife chills at the hotel. Any opinions and thoughts are apprecitated.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,211 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for Inactive Mom and Active Dad and 17 year old boy

How old is your son? What does he like to do?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for Inactive Mom and Active Dad and 17 year old boy

kpac2222

I would go with the Hilton. They have more than enough to do to keep your 17 year old entertained. Tennis, water sports, the swimming pools etc. Also, children 18 years and under stay for free in room with adults. You and your wife can spend time at the fitness centre or have a spa treatment for example. I've never seen any bored kids that age at the Hilton. There's a lot to do, and since your going at the back end of Easter, lots of kids in that age range will be there as well.

Regards

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for Inactive Mom and Active Dad and 17 year old boy

Son is 17. He likes to play sports and do anything adventurous.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for Inactive Mom and Active Dad and 17 year old boy

Ocean2 is really nice area for 17 year olds there is a surf school next door and the water sports guys will keep them busy. You would have a full kitchen in an apartment for drinks, snacks & breakfasts. The sun beds are very comfortable and there are turtles in the sea most mornings. There are also frequent hatchings and turtles egg laying at the back of the beach. The ocean front apartments are great.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,211 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for Inactive Mom and Active Dad and 17 year old boy

I agree with footychick. 17, in the Gap, on the beach, surfing, boogie boarding and all the things a young guy would like. He should not get bored. For Mom who wants to lay back and relax that's there also. Save the money and have fun.

Enjoy

6. Re: Hotel for Inactive Mom and Active Dad and 17 year old boy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 05:16