We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how much are glass bottom boat trips?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
how much are glass bottom boat trips?

Hi We are trying to budget for our upcoming trip. Could someone please let me know roughly how much a trip is on a glass bottom boat for adults and kids. Also where is the best place to take the boat from? I've heard Carlise is good. (We're going on the Calabaza, so would prefer to go to a different place to where that goes to). Thanks.

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how much are glass bottom boat trips?

We are interested too

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how much are glass bottom boat trips?

There are glass bottom boats in the main three areas on the West coast.

Holetown Beach, Mullins Beach and Paynes Bay is where you will find them.

I am afraid I can't give you exact up to date prices but Westiegal3 may be able to find out for you.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,777 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how much are glass bottom boat trips?

You'll also find quite a few at Folkestone Marine Park but I'm not au fait with the current prices either.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how much are glass bottom boat trips?

Hi there, my friend Marvin who owns the vintage GBB "Marvellous 1" sails from Holetown Beach at the back of Surfside / Zaccios . He charges $80 BBD per adult and half price for children 8 and over, younger children go free.

He is a great entertainer and will take you to see the Turtles and the Reef Fish and I can tell you, you are likely to see more Turtles with him than any Catamaran Trip. Last time I went for a trip we were surrounded by 15 Turtles !!!! ( that number is rare and not guarenteed of course ) You can swim with the Turtles or just get up close to them from the boat.

Call him on 246 247 2048 and tell him I sent you.

ps depending on the beach on the West Coast, he may pick you up.

Edited: 02 March 2013, 12:32
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how much are glass bottom boat trips?

I agree with Westiegal3 Marvin does a great trip - a much more personal experience. We saw a baby turtle with him - he knows just the right places to go.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how much are glass bottom boat trips?

Hi thanks for info. Will give him a call when we arrive :)

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how much are glass bottom boat trips?

Interesting

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how much are glass bottom boat trips?

If you go to Zaccios restaurant in Holetown, there is a glass bottom boat called Breeze run by a guy called Jason that is outside there. Its a 2 hour trip that includes swimming with the turtles and snorkelling over a shipwreck with lots of tropical fish around it and lots of rum punch! It costs U.S.$40 and was worth every penny. Ask the waitresses in Zaccios about it as they recommended it to us as being the best one and they were right! My friends took another boat that was $15 more and not as good.

Level Contributor
557 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how much are glass bottom boat trips?

Try big daddy in paynes bay. Pompidou is the guide. It was excellent and cheaper than the one mentioned above.

Barbados
Level Contributor
3 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how much are glass bottom boat trips?

I'm not sure of the price as I'm fortunate to have access to a boat but stay away from Horizon GBB (B159). In our swim today he showed up and not only pushed his way into a group of boats but then did not set his anchor properly. He then drifted right into the group of 7 swimmers and actually bumped into his own customer. The other swimmers had to swim away to avoid him. Total idiot.