We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place for Barbados Honeymoon September 2013

Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Best Place for Barbados Honeymoon September 2013

Hello

My fiance has chosen Brbados as the place to go for our honeymoon (His choce...hes paying!) And i wont argue with Barbados!!

We are wanting a bit of both worlds really, somewhere all inclusive relaxing luxury, unlimited towels drinnks on beach etc...but somewhere close to nightlife / restaurants so we can have a wander most nights.go to a club / cocktail bar, beach parties etc

West Coast - ive heard beaches are nicer dont know how true this is and south coast there are more things to do etc?/

Any help, advice opinions form experience would be most appreciated!!!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,944 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place for Barbados Honeymoon September 2013

Georgileigh

I would suggest looking at Couples Barbados which opens in mid-June 2013. That would be right down your alley.

http://couples.com/barbados/

Regards

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
895 posts
703 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place for Barbados Honeymoon September 2013

Sandy Lane if cost is no object!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place for Barbados Honeymoon September 2013

Colony Club is lovely for a honeymoon and on the West Coast... and not to far outside of Holetown for a little bit of nightlife.

West Coast and South Coast beaches are nice - South Coast beaches tend to be wider and have finer sand but both are nice...

If you decide on South Coast I would agree with the new Couples resort - they have a great reputation and the beach there is fab. You would also be on the South Coast with a little more nightlife I would say.

Middlesbrough
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Place for Barbados Honeymoon September 2013

Thanks for your suggestions...Im not sure whther to go into a travel agent or try doign it online??

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Place for Barbados Honeymoon September 2013

try both and compare prices.

UK
Level Contributor
177 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Place for Barbados Honeymoon September 2013

We have just returned from our honeymoon we stayed at the coloney club and loved it! It was quiet, intimate but not far from things to do. Have a wonderful time and congratulations! :)

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,204 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Place for Barbados Honeymoon September 2013

Is Colony Club all inclusive? I thought it was only breakfast.

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Place for Barbados Honeymoon September 2013

My only advice would be to not limit yourself with all-inclusive. Many of the finer hotels don't offer it and it really isn't needed.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,071 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Place for Barbados Honeymoon September 2013

No. Colony Club is not A I .as Richaaard says, the majority of the truely best hotels, are breakfast only, but most have good restaurants of their own with a meal plan option which sometimes includes other Hotel Restaurants.

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Place for Barbados Honeymoon September 2013

Sandpiper and Cobblers Cove are really nice on the West Coast if you're really looking for some luxury and pampering in a cute Boutique hotel. The beaches are generally calm, but narrower than the South coast.

In September you probably won't find a lot of night life so just enjoy each other.

Rent a car and see the island on your own. It sounds scary but it'll pass and you'll have the time of your life.