We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Spot

Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Night Spot

Many years ago while in Barbados I went to an outdoor night spot called the Caribbean Pepperpot. Does anyone recall where exactly it was situated and what happened to it?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Spot

I remember the Pepperpot which I believe was part indoor part outdoor. Remember seeing many limousines outside. It was located on highway 7 across from Divi Southwinds. The music used to bounce off Divi which caused endless complaints from the poor visitors in those rooms. I believe it burned down. Is this the one you're thinking about?

Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Spot

It may be the same venue, however I don't remember an indoor area, but I do remember it being close to the highway and surrounded by a fence. The Merrymen were playing. I think it was 1970.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Night Spot

Oh no. This was in the late 80's. I started frequenting Bdos in 86 so it was after that. Maybe someone else has a recollection from the 70's.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,811 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night Spot

Yes it is on Highway 7 almost opposite Divi Southwinds...it did have an indoor and outdoor area - not necessarily used at the same time and I recall it opening and mostly being outdoor - owned by Eddie Grant (then) I believe. There was a fire many years ago - the property is still there in semi ruins.

Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Night Spot

and does anyone remember the Banana Boat night club?

6. Re: Night Spot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 04:16