We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Rental

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
11 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Boat Rental

I've seen this question asked before, but with not very helpful answers. Does anyone know where one could rent a small powerboat in Barbados?

When this question was raised before, most of the answers regarded chartering giant yachts or sailboats, or how the paddle boats at all inclusive resorts are free to borrow. I am not interested in any of that info.

I'm looking for a center or dual console, around 15ft.-25ft., small single outboard motor, with room for about six people, that's available for daily rental. Any info would be much appreciated.

John

Silver Moon Charters
Boat Hire, Private Tours, Boat Tours
Bolador Tours
Boat Tours, Boat Hire
Happy Daze Barbados
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Boat Hire, Day Trips
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,205 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Rental

Simply..........No.

There are no boat rental businesses. That doesn't mean a private person might not rent their boat out.

Probably the best place to enquire would be the Yacht Club.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,910 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Rental

I would have to agree with Canby. Westigal may also may know someone that does this type of things.. however.. I can well imagine the insurance to do this would be far out of reach for any of the operators on the island. I agree, check with the Yacht Club or Cruising Club..

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat Rental

I have never seen that kind of rental advertised in Barbados. Unlike, say Florida and Antigua where we have been able to rent boats for a day, week etc - notwithstanding the fact that we had no training at all.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,829 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat Rental

I already recommended a boat to the OP but it was too small for his requirements and although I know of several other boats , none are much bigger than that one,

All I can suggest is that you charter a catamaran for a day in which case Peter Allen 's Stiletto should fit the bill as it is an ex raceing cat and Peter is a REAL sailor. -------------------Maybe too slow though?

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,829 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat Rental

Oh sorry John F you are a different poster ----------------the boat I recommended was a 17 ft Boston Whaler which carries 6 people easily. I have spoken to the guy who owns it --------------Glenn and he says if you call him and his boat is not big enough for you, he will attempt to find you a bigger one. I'm sure you realise that you will have to have a driver for the boat , you can't just hire one yourselves anywhere.

His cell no is 259 9509

I hope that helps you.

Edited: 20 March 2013, 22:13
Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
11 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat Rental

Thanks Westiegal. A small Boston Whaler would be perfect, but we wouldn't necessarily need a driver. I find it odd that you can't just rent a boat like you would rent a car anywhere on the island, unlike almost every other island we've visited.

Thank you again for the info,

John

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,829 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat Rental

Sorry, but you will have to have the driver. To drive a speed boat here, you have to have a Bajan speedboat licence . If the coastguard pulled you and you don't have one, the boat would be impounded and the licence owner for that boat and you would be charged. -----------------nor would the boat be covered by insurance.

8. Re: Boat Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 04:18