We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A+ for Air Canada

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
4,853 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
A+ for Air Canada

I have posted many times here and on other travel sites about the poor, even surly service Air Canada's flight attendants have provided it's customers. Being a believer of fairness, I must now post that on my recent flight from BGI to YYZ the cabin crew on my Air Canada flight was exceptionally polite, friendly, helpful and PLEASANT! They had enough food for everyone (and served it with a smile), enough immigration forms and even helped the three families that were travelling with very young babies and toddlers. None of the cabin crew insisted on speaking in French to me although I had chosen to speak in English as has happened on another flight from BGI to YYZ. In my experience this is a big turn around from the attitude most cabin crew have shown passengers and one I truly hope continues. Perhaps Air Canada was getting feedback from all the negative internet postings regarding their cabin service and decided it was time to change. Who knows.

There has been a lot of negative, upsetting postings on this forum lately, everything from a restaurant owner stealing from people in Britain to the declining tourist industry in Barbados to the shooting robbery of two senior tourists. Maybe it is time for some favourable posts. Does anyone have positive customer service experiences to share or for that matter any positive posts period?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,690 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A+ for Air Canada

NorthernCanuck1

Glad to hear of your pleasant experience on Air Canada. They have a strong reputation here and have a solid relationship with Barbados. I hope it continues for many decades to come.

Speaking of positive customer service experiences, I had an excellent lunch at the Atlantis Restaurant last Sunday, as usual. Friendly staff, excellent food, amazing rum punch and stunning view. Definitely worth the $45 USD per person!

Regards

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,075 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A+ for Air Canada

Played golf the other day at Royal Westmoreland and we ordered a pitcher of beer (well we started with one) and the waitress decided it was too warm to leave the beer out and kept it in the fridge for us. We were served cold beer as soon as our glass or glasses got below the half way point. Now that's knowing what your customers need.

Then the next day with some friends we went for some late afternoon drinks at the Sandy Lane Golf Club (Country Club) and though it was late, the restaurant was very quiet we got beautiful smiles, excellent service and great drinks with a fantastic view. The service made everything just right.

Naturally the staff got a little bit extra beyond the normal service charge. Great service deserves being recognized.

Edited: 31 March 2013, 02:24
Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A+ for Air Canada

My positive experience award goes to the wonderful staff at Blue Orchids Hotel who are the whole reason we go back year after year. From the welcome back hugs and the goodbye tears,everyone has the time to say good morning with a smile and even to stop for a chat during the course of their duties.They keep the property in ship shape and look after their patrons with lots of tlc. Thumbs up for Blue Orchids Hotel on the South Coast.

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A+ for Air Canada

The tall girl at Opa's was great and we very much enjoyed her serving us.

- Girl at the smoothie bar at Santa Neta

- Girls at the Sanctuary Cafe

- Young man at Foursquare Distillery that explained all the rums to Us

-Girls at the South coast Just Grillin and Cafe Italia

-Girl at Cafe Italia on the West Coast

-Donut lady at the post office by Big B

-Young lady at the Turf Club

-Helpful lady at BMA

-young man that helps at Huntes Garden

-Anna at one of the shops at Pelican Village

-Young man at the Sugar Factory

- Also had a good laugh with the girl at the Bakery at the top of Baxter road by pizza man doc. I only wish I got back to see her before I left.

I must also take this time to compliment the owner of Cafe Sol. I had an issue with my drinks one evening. After a conversation with her I felt pleased with her response and was very satisfied with the customer service I received. Keep up the good work.

So many wonderful people in Barbados and I am sure I missed a few.

Sadly the only server we had that was not so friendly or helpful was one of the ladies at the Atlantis. Maybe she was having a bad day who know. Still wasn't enough to spoil the day. Besides one unfriendly person out of probably 100 is pretty good.

Definitely going back next year and hopefully get a chance to see all those people again and have the chance to meet more new people. :)

I LOVE BARBADOS :)

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A+ for Air Canada

Tried to edit my first post but time had elapsed..

Hats off to the knowledgeable staff and Simon in the tasting area at St Nicholas Abbey.

And I hope that everyone who makes their way to Hunte's Gardens get the opportunity to meet the enchanting Mr. Hunte and to chat with him about his vision and his garden.

And the sassy waitress at Shakers who wears her 'bling ring' on a chain...she made our evening a really fun time in addition to serving us a great meal.

I am sure I will think of more ... Great idea to start this thread.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A+ for Air Canada

Hat's off to the Royal Barbados Police for their speedy actions bringing the culprits from Black Sunday to court.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A+ for Air Canada

Though I'm not a visitor here I'd like to just add that Chefette (even though I'm not the biggest fan of their burgers) always seems to have terrific, friendly, efficient staff that treat fastfood with the urgency it deserves. I don't think I've been to a fast food place anywhere else that is as well run, with a great team of people who really "get it" like the people at Chrfette do. Always a reliably friendly, consistent experience.

8. Re: A+ for Air Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2014, 05:16