We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catamaran tour preferences?

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Catamaran tour preferences?

I am looking to book a catamaran tour for end of April/first of May and we are staying at the Casuarina Beach Resort by St. Lawrence Gap. Looked at the web sites for a few but would appreciate some input. Looking to: DEFINITELY swim with turtles, option of getting in the shade/not full sun, not a major party cruise but some music and dancing is great, maybe not a huge crowd of people/smaller groups would be nice. Fussy, fussy, right? Would really like to get an idea in advance. Have looked into Jammin', Cool Runnings and Tiami. Leaning toward Cool runnings, but Tiami sound like it might be smaller numbers at one time on the boat. Thanks.

1. Re: Catamaran tour preferences?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 May 2013, 01:05
Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catamaran tour preferences?

There are some catamarans that take only 12 people, eg..Calabaza, Silver Moon, and Elegance that I know of. We went on Silvermoon this winter and it was an absolutely wonderful trip. Great, helpful staff, delicious food, lots of alcohol, and snorking with the turtles and with the fish too. Would highly recommend it.

We have gone on Cool Runnings a few times, great trip too, just more people...mind you the Cat is bigger too.

The only one that seems to put too many people on is Tiami, otherwise don't think you can go wrong.

Enjoy!!!!!

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,270 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catamaran tour preferences?

Calabaza fits everything that you are asking for. They only take out 12 people maximum.

All the others that you mention hold loads more people. I have seen Tiami packed to the rafters with 70 plus people.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catamaran tour preferences?

Based on the OP's preferences I'd say Calabaza too. If you want a larger boat then either Jammin or Cool Runnings. When we were there in February we did both Calabaza and Jammin - on both occasions Tiami was very full when we saw it.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catamaran tour preferences?

Thanks. I hadn't looked at Calabaza but will look it up. Thank again.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catamaran tour preferences?

Thanks. I will check out Calabaza. I appreciate your help

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,270 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catamaran tour preferences?

http://www.calabazasailingcruises.com/

The link above will give you an impression of how professional they are.

Edited: 31 March 2013, 19:51
Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Catamaran tour preferences?

Have just been checking our their website. it looks amazing. My daughter and I are travelling together to celebrate her college graduation. This trip was her choice, so I have given her a couple tour companies to look at and will let her decide. The big draw for her is the turtles, so I am thinking they may be a bit more comfortable coming close if there are less people splashing around. Thank you for your information. I'm sure whatever she picks will be amazing.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,270 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Catamaran tour preferences?

KM530

The turtles will come close regardless of what catamaran you choose.

However, the Calabaza leaves the dockside earlier in the morning before the larger Catamarans. Therefore they get to the prime Turtle spots before any one else and so you have them to yourself without hoards of other tourists kicking you in the face in the scramble to swim with them.

Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Catamaran tour preferences?

El Tigre is great and the numbers are fairly small. The crew is great fun and the lunch is delicious.