We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on Alleynes Bay

Washington, Virginia
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay on Alleynes Bay

We've only found 2 villas ..ridgecot house and blue lagoon. Are there any others? There will be 5 of us in our family 3 BR. Was looking for beachfront. Maybe its a smaller area?

Thanks in advance!

Andrea

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,096 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay on Alleynes Bay

A lot of Alleynes bay is taken up with Glitter Bay (which would be a good place to look to see if they have any 3 bed properties that suit) Fairmont Royal Pavilion and Lonestar. I can't say I have really noticed any private houses that look like they are for rental there before. I have just looked at the two villas you mention, Ridgecot sounds as if it isn't actually on the beach and I could be wrong but from my walk along the beach a week or so ago I don't recall seeing Blue Lagoon, it makes me wonder if it is after the end of Alleynes Bay (main) around the rock at the end of the beach and whether you can walk around to the main part of Alleynes Bay. I would ask that question as you certainly couldn't walk around to the next little bays the week we were there, which would mean if it is where I think it is you wouldn't have much beach at all to sunbathe on etc. I think it is after Ramshackles and the last house on Alleynes and then round the rocky outcrop. I would question that with the owner. To me Glitter Bay would be your best bet.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
13,492 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay on Alleynes Bay

I agree with uktripfan-----------------the only places on Alleynes Beach to stay at are Fairmont Royal Pavilion, Lone Star and Glitter Bay.

I too, belive that Glitter Bay would seem to suit your requirements.

Washington, Virginia
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay on Alleynes Bay

Thanks guys! I will check out glitter bay :)

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,096 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay on Alleynes Bay

You are welcome spongebob, hope you find something you like. I think Alleynes Bay is lovely and we enjoyed having breakfast at the Fairmont this last trip. It is a great beach for walking too. I have some fabulous pictures I took from our recent stay.

Washington, Virginia
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay on Alleynes Bay

Wow, your pics are so beautiful! We dont vacation much, but my son LOVES turtles and thought this would be an awesome trip. Was the water warm when you went?

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,096 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay on Alleynes Bay

Think if you have seen pics on my profile they would be from St.James beach at Spago. I will try and put some Alleynes ones on. There are often turtles swimming at the Lonestar end of the beach. If your son isn't a strong swimmer a snorkel vest would be a good idea or something like a noodle which gives you a bit of floatation as you snorkel. You don't have to go too far out. I had a few turtles just pop up around me whilst I was swimming at the beach club which is close to Glitter Bay. I just love turtles they are gorgeous. The water was warm yes, I was often like a prune as I didn't want to get out lol!

Edited: 05 April 2013, 08:38
Mentioned in this post
Alberta
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay on Alleynes Bay

Hey Spongebob just came back from 3 1/2 weeks staying in a private house on Alleynes Bay right on the beach. The owner also has a small 3 bedroom house there. I will private message you his name and #. In the mean time check out this site with other interesting Barbados info.

www.partyjoe.net

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Northants. UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay on Alleynes Bay

We are staying at Glitter Bay and would very much recommend it.

Buckhorn, Canada
Level Contributor
584 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay on Alleynes Bay

We are renting a 2 bedroom house, plus a small room for a baby, right on the beach at Alleynes Bay next year. It looks lovely and the reviews are fabulous. Found it on airbnb.com. Check out this site as well as vrbo.com and homeaway.com if you haven't already.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
928 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay on Alleynes Bay

Hi SpongeBob,

We stayed in a 3 bedroom villa at Glitter Bay at the end of January. It was fabulous. We were in Unit 106 (Shak Shak) on the ground floor with a gate right off our terrace to the pool area (but with full privacy when we were on the terrace). The pool was 50 feet away right in front and for the beach you turned right and went about 100 feet. Great beach with reserved loungers and umbrellas for each unit. Pool area was lovely too and also had a children's play area and wading pool.

We booked through Barbados Villa Services. They manage 15 units at Glitter Bay, including another 3 Bedroom, Unit 313 (Sea Turtle) which is on the top floor. You can check out photos and availability of each unit on their website:

http://www.barbadosvillaservices.com

We found Marilil Troulan and her team at BVS were terrific, as well as all the staff at Glitter Bay. It is a wonderful location with a great beach and beautiful grounds. Let me know if you have any other questions.