We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Passport

I am traveling to Barbados in May. My passport expires in July. Do you know if Barbados has any requirements as to expiration dates.

I have looked and could not find anything.

Thank you !

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,060 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport

Normally as long as a passport is valid it should not be a problem. If you want an official answer you can call the Barbados High Commission in Washington.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,675 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport

AtlantaLana

You should be fine, but I'd suggest trying to get a new passport before departure. The reason for this is that many immigration officials prefer passports to be valid for at least six months after your return flight. Better safe than sorry.

Regards

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,550 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport

My passport was due to run out 4 months after I leave here in May so I was advised to get a new one in a hurry when I was in the UK in January. I did so.

People HAVE been stopped because of the 6 month rule, and it isn't worth the risk.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport

I had only 20 days left on my passport when i returned home. I checked all the rules and regulations before i travelled and everything was ok. If you aren't sure maybe take the advice from the other posters.

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Passport

Unless regs have changed in the last few months, Barbados immigration does not require anything but a valid passport for your departure date, however I have read that British airline companies have insisted on a six month window. Brits might not be able to board their flight, even though Barbados would allow someone entry.

6. Re: Passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 06:17