We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange rates

bristol
Level Contributor
354 posts
Save Topic
Exchange rates

What is the current exchange rate please?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,234 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange rates

Go to this link for the daily rates. http://www.centralbank.org.bb/

Bedford, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange rates

3.02 at local banks

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange rates

Does anyone know if there is an ATM in arrivals at BGI, and would it give the same rate as central bank.

bristol
Level Contributor
354 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange rates

Thanks. I wondering the same is it the same rate if you use the cashpoint machines? Or better to go into bank or traveller s cheques

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,047 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchange rates

This link takes you straight to the daily exchange rates------------.

centralbank.org.bb/WEBCBB.nsf/…

You will see that the "Demand Sight" ( Travellers Cheques ) exchange rate is better than that given for cash and depending on the amount you are taking, can make a considerable difference. Yesterday 3.05 to 3.01 for cash -----------------

Edited: 13 April 2013, 13:24
bristol
Level Contributor
354 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchange rates

Thanks for the links yes travellers cheques make a big difference , never used them before feel a bit nervous about using them.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,047 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exchange rates

No need to feel nervous ( except about the possible queue in the Bank lol) Before I had accounts here, I always used Travellers Cheques. Just try to get them in large denominations as you pay arounf 50 cents per cheque to cash them, so cashing lots of small ones will cost more. You will just need your passport at the bank, that's all. You will also gain if the rate goes up while you are here ------------and it is on the "up" slowly. by cashing them in more than one visit to the bank. People will tell you it's not worth the wait , but in this day and age, every dollar counts in my view.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,912 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Exchange rates

Sunworshiper76

There is no ATM in arrivals at BGI but there is a Bureau de Change desk operated by Republic Bank (Barbados) Ltd. There are two ATMs over in Departures. A RBC Royal Bank one opposite the US Airways check-in counter and one inside the Republic Bank branch.

While the bank does have the same rates as the Central Bank, they do charge a nominal fee.

Regards

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Exchange rates

BGIWT.

Thanks for the reply.

bristol
Level Contributor
354 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Exchange rates

We have decided to take $ioo for the first day then go to the bank the next day for the rest of our money.!