We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone help?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
156 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone help?

Planning our first Barbados trip for early June. We stopped for a day ona cruise, but I don't even know where we were. (but we loved it) I have been really enjoying reading many posts, but I am getting a bit confused. Looking for a nice beachfront hotel or condo with calm water. Is a rental car a good idea, or should we rely on taxis since it is our first trip? We enjoy dining out, are the restaurants very spread out? hard to find? Are there any dining packages?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Bella

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,045 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone help?

Here are some links to maps which should help orient you. Then the last link is to the FAQ's where a number of regular visitors have compiled a great deal of information that answers most if not all of your questions.

No dining packages but just go to "restaurants" at the top of the page and take a look at what's there.

barbados.org/aerial/st-lawrence-gap-west.php

http://www.bariffle.com/barifflemap.html

http://www.beachesofbarbados.com/

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147262-i230-k2450…

Hastings, Barbados
Level Contributor
481 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone help?

i'd go south coast..gap area..hotels rostrevor/southern palms/divi southwinds all on the water and close to many restaurants and bars.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone help?

Bellabaci

Have a look at the Ocean Two Resort & Residences. It's a fantastic place to stay in a stunning location. I would suggest the rental car for a couple days.

Popular and highly recommended Car Rental companies include:

Stoutes Car Rental - www.stoutescar.com

Courtesy Rent-A-Car - www.courtesyrentacar.com

Drive-A-Matic - www.carhire.tv

Coconut Car Rentals - www.coconutcars.com

Top Car Rentals - www.barbadoscarrentals.com

Direct Car Rentals - www.barbadosrentals.net

M.A.H Car Rentals - www.funbarbados.com/CarRentals/MAHrentals.cfm

If you prefer to rent a luxury vehicle such as a Lexus or Mercedes take a look at Executive Car Rentals. They also carry lines such as Suzuki and Toyota. - www.executiverentalsinc.com

Mix and compare and see who comes out cheapest with the vehicle and conditions you prefer.

Regards

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone help?

Coral Sands has spacious rooms, all have kitchens and all rooms have ocean views with large patios. It's a smaller property with only about 30 rooms and it's on Sandy Beach which is usually very calm as it's protected by a reef so the water is generally always flat. You can just walk around the corner and be in St. Lawrence Gap for lots of dining options, yet the hotel is just far enough away that you wouldn't hear any noise from any of the clubs there.

It's the first hotel that springs to mind when I read your post and what it is you're looking for. Accra Beach hotel might be another good option as its in a great location for walking to restaurants, the beach directly in front can be wavy, but just walk about 100 yards down the beach to find a sheltered area that's protected by a groin so the water there is flat too. The south coast boardwalk is also right there which is lovely for a stroll and has a few good dining options along it also. This hotel has both ocean view rooms and island view (aka "street view" IMO) rooms so I'd opt for the ocean view room for sure.

Edited: 14 April 2013, 11:14
New Jersey
Level Contributor
156 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone help?

Thank you all so much, it is very much appreciated. I cannot place St Lawrence Gap on the maps that I looked at. Is it a town? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but please further educate me.

Thanks!!!

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can anyone help?

Just a bit east of Dover Beach on the south side. We go later this month, so haven't been yet, but we are told that it is about a 15-20 minute walk from where we are staying near Dover.

Edited: 14 April 2013, 16:00
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,045 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can anyone help?

Go to the aerial view map. Then go to the bottom that says "South". Click on Bridgetown and then go to the next one on the right etc. and you'll have an aerial view across the south coast until you reach St.Lawrence Gap. They're all linked one to the next.

Plus as stated go to Google Maps or Google Earth and you'll see everything.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can anyone help?

http://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb&q=map+of+barbados+st+lawrence+gap&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x8c43f677b9f83807:0x9064b1126b3d1ad6,St+Lawrence+Gap,+Oistins,+Barbados&gl=ca&sa=X&ei=zcRqUa7-LKrvygGi94H4BQ&ved=0CDAQ8gEwAA

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can anyone help?

http://www.barbados.org/aerial/

http://www.barbados.org/aerial/worthing.php

barbados.org/aerial/st-lawrence-gap-west.php

barbados.org/aerial/st-lawrence-gap-central.…

barbados.org/aerial/st-lawrence-gap-east.php

Barbados
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Can anyone help?

You should take a look at Ocean Two Resort & Residences. It's a new, four star beachfront condo hotel, 10 mins walking distance from the popular St. Lawrence Gap which boasts a number of excellent restaurants such as Pisces, Waterside, Harlequin and many more to appeal to different tastes. Ocean Two also offers a number of dining packages.

Ocean Two has standard hotel rooms, but the suites may be more what you are looking for, which include full living and dining room, kitchen area with modern amenities, beach front balcony with loungers, washer/dryer, flat screen TVs, etc. . They also provide complimentary wi-fi and non-motorized watersport equipment such as kayaks. You can check them out further here : http://oceantwobarbados.com/

Car Rentals in Barbados is easy. Drive-a-Matic, Stoutes, Coconut Car Rentals are the more well known companies. First Choice has a great variety with very competitive prices so you may like to check them out.

I hope you have a fantastic stay! Good Luck!