We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ba 2155

Dumfriesshire...
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
ba 2155

Can any one tell me which meals are dserved on BA 2155?

Thanks

jaimedos

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,202 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ba 2155

jaimedos

Which of the four cabins are you booked in? World Traveller, World Traveller Plus, Club World or First? Generally, you'll be served lunch and afternoon tea prior to arrival at BGI. There are other goodies depending upon which cabin your booked in.

Regards

Dumfriesshire...
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ba 2155

Hi thanks or the info. We are in WT plus so not expecting too much pampering

Jaimedos

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,202 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ba 2155

jaimedos

You're most welcome.

Your meal will come from the Club World cabin which is a big PLUS! Perhaps you should look into upgrading your return BA2154 to Club World. It's an absolutely brilliant flying experience.

Regards

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ba 2155

Last month in world traveller plus Lgw-Bgi we had beef tenderloin or salmon which were both lovely. But Bgi-Lgw was a fairly bland pasta (I forget the other choice) which wasn't nearly as good as the meal out of the UK. Very nice trays overall though.

Edited: 14 April 2013, 22:38
Dumfriesshire...
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ba 2155

Thanks again. Yeah if funds permitted that's what we would do. Did SFO-LHR in Business a couple of years ago and loved it. Thanks for your help.

Jaimedos

Dumfriesshire...
Level Contributor
22 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ba 2155

Thanks for that. Never understand the variance from excellent to poorish on the same airline.

Jaimedos

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ba 2155

It is because the caterers at overseas destinations vary.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,202 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ba 2155

jaimedos

babsontour is correct. Although, a factor in it is each one's taste. I recall having a pasta with salmon on a recent BA2154 service and I thought it was outstanding....so everyone's taste will vary.

Regards

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ba 2155

Interesting to note the comments on food coming from the Club menu. We travelled yesterday on BA 2154 in WTplus and were offered Beef and Mashed potato and Pesto Pasta. You had to be pretty hungry to eat it. It was the worst offering I have had in 30 years of BA travel from First to World Traveller. The Purser who collected the trays said he had 8 passengers from WT+ return the Pasta untouched and 4 the beef. Are BA, with their old planes and substandard service, just going to cave in to Virgin on these Carribean routes? Outbound was just OK. This post is from someone who would have to be dragged onto a VS airplane if there was an alternative.

Isle of Skye, NW...
Level Contributor
413 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ba 2155

I am currently looking at a last minute holiday out to Barbados. WT fare on the way out £350. Club World fare? £1400. Ooft!

I have flown club a few times and it really is excellent. But is it worth paying 4 times the price? I could go back on holiday 3 more times for 8 hours of discomfort.