We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cricket tour of Englan in West indies for next year 2014

Barbados
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cricket tour of Englan in West indies for next year 2014

Does anyone know when England cricket team is touring the West Indies in 2014 in particular when are they in barbados. trying to arrange a holiday for feb/ march next year and need exact dates to be able to do this

Glory Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Emmanuel Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours
Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cricket tour of Englan in West indies for next year 2014

No specific dates yet as far as I can tell. The ICC website suggests the last two weeks if Feb and first two in March but, as you suggest in your question, the games are not forced to be in Barbados (though it is not unreasonable to assume one or two will be).

Barbados
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cricket tour of Englan in West indies for next year 2014

Thank you very much for your reply, please can you let me know if at any time you have the specific dates. It is quite expensive to go to othe islands once Barbados is your base. Il also keep looking and asking.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,285 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cricket tour of Englan in West indies for next year 2014

I am also interested in getting these dates

England are visiting the WI in 2014 in February and March for 5 ODIs and 1 T20

The are also visiting in April 2015 for 3 Tests

So far I can find no official precise dates or locations even though some are less than a year away

Barbados will undoubtedly feature on both tours ....it would be useful if the dates were available as the flights for 2014 are now open!!!!

Come on ECB / WICB ....help us out

Most of the tour companies are just asking you to register interest

London, United...
Level Contributor
794 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cricket tour of Englan in West indies for next year 2014

England are touring the West Indies in March 2014, no specific dates yet. They're only playing 3 ODI's and 3 T20's. It's likely that one of the ODI's and maybe on of the T20 matches will be in Barbados but specific dates and venues haven't been confirmed yet.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,273 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cricket tour of Englan in West indies for next year 2014

Barbados will always host games when England is touring...it's a virtual certainty. Just hang on till July or so when the schedule has been finalised..

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cricket tour of Englan in West indies for next year 2014

Surely they wont make us wait until July to finalise our travel plans? I thought they announced firm dates around 11 months before a tour - I'm hopeful they will be out anytime now.

London, United...
Level Contributor
794 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cricket tour of Englan in West indies for next year 2014

The fixtures have been announced, The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has revealed an itinerary which will see England play three Twenty20s, as well as three one-day internationals, in Antigua and Barbados from late February into March.Three-match ODI series at the Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, Antigua: February 28 and March 2 & 5. Three-match Twenty20 series at the Kensington Oval, Barbados: March 9, 11 & 13.

south east
Level Contributor
938 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cricket tour of Englan in West indies for next year 2014

How do you get tickets for the matches in Barbados??

London, United...
Level Contributor
794 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cricket tour of Englan in West indies for next year 2014

The tickets will go on sale a couple of months before the matches, keep an eye out on the WICB website (http://www.windiescricket.com/) or wait until you get to Barbados and head down to the Kensigton Oval a couple of days before the match to get tickets.

The majority of hard core England supporters (aka the Barmy Army) travel to watch Test Matches rather than the ODI's and T20's, we're purists ! There won't be that much interest in the 3 T20's from the mass of England fans so I doubt you'll have a problem getting a ticket, you could probably just turn up to the Kensington Oval on the day and get in. I went to the T20 World Cup in Barbados and it was easy enough to get a ticket, we pre-ordered tickets through the WICB but you could also get them at the ground a few days prior to the game easy enough.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cricket tour of Englan in West indies for next year 2014

The pre ordering system and collecting system at Kensington Oval worked very well when we used it for the T20 World Cup so if you want seats in a particular stand it might be good to do that. Sitting in the shade is a good idea!