We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Liquor When Arriving in Barbados

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buying Liquor When Arriving in Barbados

I have heard that you can buy duty free alcohol when you arrive in barbados. If that is the case, is it cheap?

I want to get premium liquors for my trip but am not sure whether to buy it at my duty free in toronto, or wait until i get to barbados. I am looking for international brandedn alcohol such as ciroc vodka, hendricks gin, etc...

thanks

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
4,925 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Liquor When Arriving in Barbados

I would buy it in Barbados in the baggage hall. We found Grey Goose and others much cheaper there than in Canada or Barbados although we didn't check the DF stores at Pearson. The other thing is we didn't have to lug it on the plane. The lady in the store told us most passengers buy more than the 1L each. We should have since the customs guy was only interested in collecting the customs forms and nothing else... next time...

Going back, I assume you are flying back to NS from Toronto, so your duty free will have to be packed in your checked luggage.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Liquor When Arriving in Barbados

Yes we will be flying back through toronto. Do you happen to remember how much the grey goose or any others were in the baggage hall?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,777 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Liquor When Arriving in Barbados

CoolBreezey

Definitely buy here. BGI has some of the lowest prices on liquor that I've seen anywhere...

Regards

London, Canada
Level Contributor
188 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying Liquor When Arriving in Barbados

Welcome to cheap booze paradise. A 60 ouncer of the best rum you've ever had for $7 .

Buckhorn, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying Liquor When Arriving in Barbados

(Hubby posting). Hi Pappyshow. Do you remember what the brand was for the 60 ouncer at $7? Mountgay Extra Old?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
188 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying Liquor When Arriving in Barbados

Yes it was !!! Bought it at the grocery store close to The Crane. Same bottle of regular Mt Gay is $66 at the KGBO.

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying Liquor When Arriving in Barbados

Mt Gay extra old would be way more than $7. I cannot recall ever seeing any rum at that price except perhaps a 750 ml white rum. What is the KGBO?

Edited: 22 April 2013, 03:18
Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying Liquor When Arriving in Barbados

If that actually was a -->60 oz.<-- bottle of Mount Gay Extra Old for $7, I will personally buy up their entire yearly production run. Even if it was priced in USD.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,711 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying Liquor When Arriving in Barbados

Oh wow, me too , Surely that can't have been X Old ?????

Buckhorn, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buying Liquor When Arriving in Barbados

Aw shucks. Sounded too good to be true. Guess pappyshow was pulling our leg. At least I am still working through a 750ml bottle of Mt Gay XO (my first) for which I paid $40 last week at the LCBO.

Cheers