We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in September

Washington DC...
1 post
Save Topic
Honeymoon in September

I've tried searching the forums but haven't been able to find a good answer. We are considering Barbados for our honeymoon in September but read that it's the off season there with many places being closed. Are restaurants and shoppes closed to where we will be extremely limited for activities? For first timers in Barbados, is it recommended to not go in September? Thanks for your help.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,623 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in September

September is a quiet month where some, and I repeat some not all places close down for renovations, updates and vacations. Not enough to stop someone from visiting and enjoying the island. The only real draw back that I would add is the "rainy" season. It will be quite humid and if there's a tropical depression in the area it will rain a lot. But that's for anywhere you go in the Caribbean that time of year.

It will be sunny quite a bit also and you have to put on some strong SPF cream.

So would I go in September? Sure why not, the ocean is great and warm, sites are open to all, it's safe, the water from the tap is better than anywhere else, people are friendly and the food great. Oh yes just in case, Rum was invented in Barbados and it is very inexpensive.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in September

At that time of year the west coat is generally much quieter than the south in regards to hotels/ restaurants being closed. So if you want quiet go west, a little more lively go south.

(Shops are generally not closed at any time during the year)

Edited: 20 April 2013, 14:43
Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in September

And on the plus side hotel accommodation is more affordable in the summer months right into October or November

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,623 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in September

You didn't mention in your post what hotels you're looking at for your Honeymoon but there's an excellent boutique hotel called Little Arches. Here's the link. It's just enough of a cachet but close enough to get to restaurants, nite life etc. on the South Coast.

http://www.littlearches.com/

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,225 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in September

Brad H

While it is true that many of the island's popular restaurants such as the Atlantis and Fish Pot will be closed in September, they are other great places to dine that will be open. I'd suggest looking at accommodation as early as possible to see who has got availability and who hasn't.

Apart from that many days in September are quite humid and others are a bit rainy. Nonetheless, I'm sure you'll have a great honeymoon.

Regards

6. Re: Honeymoon in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2014, 05:17