We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending Money

4 posts
Save Topic
Spending Money

I'm going to Barbados for the first time in May for 5 days with My sister. We will be staying at Turtle Beach AI. What is a good amount of spending money to bring? I am hoping $2000 US is enough.

I'm going to be 22 and my sister is 23. We'd like to experience the nightlife and the many water activities. The resort offers a lot of the activities complimentary with the AI package. I'd also like to have a day out on the town to experience Barbados. (Any suggestions of where to go?!?)

Lastly, is it necessary to rent a car?. From the reviews I've read, the resort is located in walking distance from SLG and other fun places. How is taxi service is Barbados?

I have lots of questions! Please share as much as you can!

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,290 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending Money

If you spend $200USD you will be having a whale of a time for 5 days!!! Most day trips are less than $200 per person.

You could rent a car to go out druiving round the isdland for the day or you could hire a taxi for the day. Taxis are numerous and easily available in the Gap area and you are indeeed within walking distance of all the Gap has to offer. The bus stop is up onthe main road and busses or route taxis (ZR plates) are $2BDS each per journey. ZRs are an experience!

If you ar there for a friday night I would get the bus down to Oistins, it is a great evening - food from George's or Pat's Place and music. Also craft stalls.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,592 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending Money

There are taxi's right near to TBH.

There are jetski's all up and down your beach and about 100 yards away you will see a sign for Barry's surf school, just go down the lane and he is there right on White Sands Beach.

As kirimist says $2000 is more than enough !

Cedar Grove, New...
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending Money

Does anyone know what the jet ski prices are like near Turtle Beach Resort? Thanks in advance!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,225 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending Money

Buttrflie36

$50 to $60 USD per 30 minutes.

Regards

Cedar Grove, New...
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending Money

Thanks BGI!

6. Re: Spending Money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 05:17