We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October or November?

WEST MIDLANDS
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
October or November?

Hi,

from experience, which month would people say is best to visit out of October or November, based on weather and holiday/flight prices. or is there not much in it?

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,550 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October or November?

Both October and November are still in the rainy season, but last October and November were dry and hot, and it didn't really rain until December.

You may find that October is a little cheaper as November is popular as it's coming up to high season, but I doubt there is much in it.

WEST MIDLANDS
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October or November?

thanks Westiegal, might aim for October then.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,550 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October or November?

Blondie------------the simple fact is, that the weather is becoming more and more unpredictable world wide. Really, it SHOULD be wetter in October, but as I said, last year was glorious. When ever you chose, you will have hot, hot weather, and you will get a tan, and youn will enjoy your holiday, so it really doesn't matter.

Edited: 24 April 2013, 14:18
Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October or November?

Uk has midterm break for 2 weeks in October so flights fill up and prices can be higher during that period if you don't get a booking earlier. We do experience a bit of a surge in tourism during that time but it's not as noticeable as high season.

WEST MIDLANDS
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October or November?

yeah i totally understand Westiegal, thanks.

I think i will just price up both months and see what I can get.

I've only been back 5 days and already want to be back there!!!

WEST MIDLANDS
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October or November?

oh yes, totally forgot about half term, thanks for the reminder :)

Derbyshire Dame
Level Contributor
424 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October or November?

We usually go at the beginnng of December as the first week is usually VERY reasonably priced. Weather generally OK, at least it's warm rain and better than the UK at that time of year.

W-D

WEST MIDLANDS
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October or November?

Yeah I was looking at start of December too but prices seemed really high so you surprise me when you say its normally very reasonably priced. I may just have to keep looking.

Thanks.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,675 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October or November?

BLONDIEWestMidlands

I would honestly go with November. October is notorious for loads of rainfall. November is generally drier and the fares are quite good as well.

Regards

Derbyshire Dame
Level Contributor
424 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: October or November?

Keep a look out on the Daily Telegraph website around June/ early July time. There is a code in the paper which they let you know about in advance so that you can buy the paper for details of how to get the offer. Virgin Caribbean holidays can be up to 40% off so we have booked with them every year since 2009 and had 2 hols out of it last year!