We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jammin vs Cool Runnings question

Taunton...
Level Contributor
828 posts
253 reviews
Save Topic
Jammin vs Cool Runnings question

I know this has been debated already on the forums, and while in the end everyone has stated they are very similar but it just comes down to personal preference. In looking at their websites it says Jammin is 3 hours where Cool Runnings is 5 hours.

Cool Runnings is a few dollars more cost-wise but is it really 2 more hours longer?

Any feedback especially from those that have done both would be appreciated...

With a family of five the costs add up and if we can have two more hours out on the water with our kids...seems a no-brainer, but I havent heard anywhere about one being longer then the other...

Thanks in advance

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jammin vs Cool Runnings question

I think Jammin' leaves about 30 mins earlier and returns a little earlier than Cool Runnings but I have not been on Jammin' so do not want to mislead you. I have however, been on Cool Runnings many times and can thoroughly recommend it - that said I am sure you will enjoy whichever cruise you go on.

jammin' I beleive is a little cheaper but I do not believe there is anything like a 2 hour time difference in the cruise time - best thing to do I guess is email Jammin' - Cool Runnings is 09:30am - 2:30 - 3:00pm for sure.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jammin vs Cool Runnings question

Jammin is definitely a 5 hour cruise.

Taunton...
Level Contributor
828 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jammin vs Cool Runnings question

Thanks I was just going by what it says on their websites...

4. Re: Jammin vs Cool Runnings question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 17:27
Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jammin vs Cool Runnings question

Maybe it was a 3 hour sunset cruise that you were looking at on Jammin.

I know that these are usually shorter.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jammin vs Cool Runnings question

C.R. sunset is 4 hrs rather than 5 hrs for daytime cruise. Would be surprised if Jammin was just 3 hours anlthough 3 hrs Bds time is around 5 hours uk time!

Alliston, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jammin vs Cool Runnings question

im sorry, typo error

Exmouth England
Level Contributor
695 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jammin vs Cool Runnings question

I am another person who has not been on Jammin but can highly recommend Cool Runnings. Brilliant day out and you would not be disappointed if you chose their cruise! Enjoy :-)

Sandy, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jammin vs Cool Runnings question

Never been on Jammin. However, can't speak too highly of Cool Running. You are looked after from the moment you get on the boat, nothing is too much trouble and there is always plenty of help for those who may be a little nervous in the water. We have used C.R. every time we have visited Barbados - 9 times, both the daytime and sunset criuse, never been disappointed!! Transport from and to your accomodation is included in the price.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
198 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jammin vs Cool Runnings question

Hi,

Been on Cool Runnings and Jammi and had an amazing day on both, excellant crew, lovely lunch with plenty of room and same cruise length (5 hours). The only difference between the two we found was that Jammi was a little more lively, I wouldn't say a 'party cruise' but the music was a little louder and everyone on the Cat was dancing soon after we set sail. We did Silvermoon on our anniversay a couple of years ago and had a wonderful, relaxing and romantic day. It really depends on what you want but the standards I believe are all very high. Enjoy

Edited: 30 May 2013, 12:40