We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coconut Court Beach Hotel Trip Report

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Coconut Court Beach Hotel Trip Report

Folks,

Noticed a few people posting about the CC and what it is like. Just thought I would link my trip review to the hotel last week.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g666611-d1…

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me. Happy to discuss my entire holiday experience.

spain
Level Contributor
807 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coconut Court Beach Hotel Trip Report

thanks for the update.. We are off there next week and have been told that the entire block being updated will be closed from the 6th.. A couple of questions...

(1) there are three or four blocks as I understand it which on them exactly is where the work is please?

(2) Is it banging and crashing type of work and can you hear it from the beach?

Like many other were were not advised to the work when we booked ( tut tut BA.com ) but don't plan the spend much time in the room anyway. Both myself and mrs sunshinebob have spoken to Linda at CC and she has assured us that whist its not ideal the inconvenience should be kept to a minimum.

I also understand that its a less expensive hotel than most ( we paid about £590 for 8 nights inc flights ) and to a certain point you cant expect too much for that kind of money however its hard earned money and I don't want to holiday on a building site..

Others here are on the same flight and I would be interested to know if they have swapped resorts or talked to British Airways..

SunshineBob

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coconut Court Beach Hotel Trip Report

Hi,

You paid how much? You got some deal for return flights and hotel there! About a quarter of what we paid excluding the Club World Upgrade on BA.

To answer your questions: 1) The work is being carried out on the block to the left of the main reception and the one overlooking the pool area.

When the tiles were being lifted and there was major drilling / hammering, it could be heard everywhere yes.

Generally speaking it was intermittent rather than all day however the work is being carried out from 8am 6 days a week.

spain
Level Contributor
807 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coconut Court Beach Hotel Trip Report

thanks for your prompt reply... We booking in the January sale and its was pretty much the same price as we paid last year to stay at Butterfly Beach. We are travelling BA coach staying in a basic room and I guess that's the price difference in a nutshell.

I have had a look at a photo to try to work out which block you mean but I cant quite figure it out.. If you look at the main image on the CC trip advisor review page is it block 1,2,3,4,5 reading from left to right? Not that it matters but it would be nice to know..

I have been told that the work starts at 10am by CC so your 8am comment is a bit of a shocker..

I was also told that they were not replacing the floor tiles. As an experienced home renovator its the chipping off that the noisy bit plus shovelling the broken tiles into the barrow and onto the skip.. Wall tiles are a little quieter (but not much) but is not something you cant do in silence..

All I want is some peace and quiet , a few beers and a rest.

SSB

Edited: 29 April 2013, 15:04
London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coconut Court Beach Hotel Trip Report

They started before 10am for sure however they may have changed the times for the complete block closure.

On the picture you mention, it is 4 from the left.

I had a look in the new rooms and they have new floor tiles. Much nicer than the old ones so I assume they are changing the tiles too.

I cant comment on how it will be next month when the whole block closes, they were just working on the ground floor of this block when we where staying in the rooms above - thats why my score is so low and comments so blunt. Imagine being in the room above when they are bulldozing the ones underneath you.

There is plenty of quiet on the beach as it stretches across all the blocks and bit beyond. To be very truthful, we heard little noise from the beach, just the occasional clatter and bang. It was mostly peaceful.

Enjoy your holiday. There are many positives at the hotel as I pointed out in my review.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coconut Court Beach Hotel Trip Report

babsontour

Sorry to see you weren't so pleased with your stay at Coconut Court. Did you manage to go anywhere else for breakfast? Rachel's at Savannah nearby does great breakfast as does the Lighthouse Terrace at the Hilton for future reference.

Regards

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coconut Court Beach Hotel Trip Report

Thank you for posting such a detailed review. It's very balanced, and answered some of my questions about the construction going on. Much appreciated!

Barbados
Level Contributor
25 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coconut Court Beach Hotel Trip Report

Hello, my name is Linda and I am the Marketing Manager and one of the owners here at Coconut Court. I hope that I can answer some of your questions regarding the renovations. The entire wing was closed off on Monday, May 6th and will not reopen until July 1st, 2013. These newly renovated rooms will be called Superior Ocean Front Rooms.

Prior to this date, we closed only three rooms located on the car park level so that we could try different tiles, trowel plastic applications, try different paint schemes etc. With such a small project, our maintenance staff did the work internally during regular working hours of 8:30-4:30pm. The renovations project May 06-June 30 is being carried out by a professional contractor. The hotel has 117 guest rooms and we are spread out over approximately 3 acres of beachfront land.

Now that we have closed the building entirely, the balconies, landings and a section of the car park are not accessible to hotel guests. The work will be carried out between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Saturday. The red clay tiles in these rooms are in good condition and will not be replaced. The only tiles which are being removed are those in the bathroom areas. Our bathrooms are not large so while some noise can be expected (drill to remove them), once this had been completed, the rest of the work should cause very little disruption to our hotel guests. There will be no bulldozing, chipping walls etc. The rooms that are being renovated are numbers 61-90 and they are located (if you are looking directly at the sea) in the second building to the left of the staircase leading down to the restaurant and beach areas.

I am not sure if you have booked a stay with us but I do hope that some of the comments you may have read have not put you off visiting Coconut Court. I hosted the manager's cocktail party on Monday night and spoke to all of the hotel guests and everyone was having a good time and did not have any issues with noise disturbance. I spoke with a few of our guests in the dining room and pool deck areas this morning and there were no complaints at this time either. I can assure you that we will be sticking to our work schedule from 10am to 4pm as this is the information that we have provided to our tour partners overseas. If you have any questions or concerns then please feel free to contact me directly at llampkin@coconut-court.com. I am happy to assist you anytime. Thanks and Best regards, Linda Lampkin

Christ Church...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coconut Court Beach Hotel Trip Report

Great Job Linda,

I wish more of our hotel owners/managers would explain things the way they are, as you have done so well!

In 25 years operating a hotel on Barbados, I have almost always found guests totally reasonable, if things are explained to them.

Plus returning guests like to see that you are upgrading, all the time or whenever possible.

Barbados
Level Contributor
25 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coconut Court Beach Hotel Trip Report

Thank you Mr. Loveridge, I am trying to be as transparent as possible so that everyone will know what to expect. These rooms will be lovely when the renovation is complete. We have the best views from our rooms and now we will have the decor and amenities to match! Thank you for your kind comments, it was very nice to hear from you. I hope that you and your family are keeping well.

Best regards, Linda

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coconut Court Beach Hotel Trip Report

That's great that Coconut Court is doing their rooms up. I have stayed there 3 times and love the view from the balcony.

I always found it to be a very friendly hotel too.