We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Options for getting from Barbados to Grenada

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Options for getting from Barbados to Grenada

My boyfriend and I have booked return flights to Barbados in November. His dad is going to be working in Grenada at that point so we have decided to go there for the second week of our trip. My question is are there any other options for getting to Grenada (and back to Barbados again for our flight home) apart from the Liat flights? - which are very pricey for the distance you're travelling!

Ideally I would have liked to travel there by sea but it doesn't seem like this is going to be an option from the research I've done so far.

We wil be travelling to Grenada and then back to Barbados on a Sunday.

Thanks!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,358 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Options for getting from Barbados to Grenada

Not really.

The Caribbean market is small as are the local airlines.

Buckhorn, Canada
Level Contributor
558 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Options for getting from Barbados to Grenada

We are travelling from Barbados to Grenada for the second part of our vacation too and have only found LIAT flights.

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
5,036 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Options for getting from Barbados to Grenada

We have used LIAT to connect to Grenada from Barbados many times. Since we changed airlines in Barbados (LIAT to Air Canada)on our return flight we always made sure we had LOTS of time to make the connection. We had to go through Barbados immigration claim your luggage and go through customs then check in at your second airline and then go through airport security, maybe the system has changed but I don't think so. LIAT's reputation for late and cancelled flights does not instill a lot of confidence so we always set things up so that we stayed overnight in Barbados (usually at the Rostrevor in the Gap). Since you are using two non-related airlines if you miss your connection in Barbados you are on your own, your connecting airline is not obligated to get you on another flight...

uk
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Options for getting from Barbados to Grenada

Another option

have you considered checking with your airline and swapping your return flight from Barbados to the UK to Grenada to UK?

That way you only need to pay for 1 way Liat flight

It is worth keeping an eye on the Liat site because they do sometimes have offers on - I got the Liat flight from BDS to Grenada for 90 us inc tax - approx £60

Tobago
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Options for getting from Barbados to Grenada

I have friends that have done Barbados to Trinidadian then Grenada but I'm not sure it still runs but worth looking up

6. Re: Options for getting from Barbados to Grenada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 06:18