We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Suggestions if Turtle Beach has red flags

Cedar Grove, New...
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beach Suggestions if Turtle Beach has red flags

I was wondering what beaches would be recommended if there were red flags on Turtle Beach that mean no swimming? I am getting nervous reading multiple reviews that red flags were out for the majority of some reviewers vacations. What would be our best and closest options to swim in the ocean for a few hours? 15 days to go! Thanks in advance!

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,563 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Suggestions if Turtle Beach has red flags

Worthing Beach where you will find the Caribe Beach Bar or next door to it Crystal Waters Beach Bar, or maybe further along Rockley Beach. Also at the end of the Boardwalk (which starts at Accra Beach Hotel) is a small protected cove where there could be minimal waves. Sometimes when there are red flags on the South Coast, the West Coast beaches are calmer.

Cedar Grove, New...
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Suggestions if Turtle Beach has red flags

Thanks for your reply Chrisky!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Suggestions if Turtle Beach has red flags

Yes Worthing or in the opposite direction go to Miami/Enterprise beach just past Oistins which has a very calm section.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,563 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Suggestions if Turtle Beach has red flags

You're welcome Buttrflie36.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Suggestions if Turtle Beach has red flags

Buttrflie36

Although I think you'll be fine with Dover Beach where your hotel is located, Enterprise (Miami Beach) is also what I'd recommend.

Regards

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,491 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Suggestions if Turtle Beach has red flags

Well If, and it's a big "If" red flags are out you might find them out in many places.

One of the safest places is "Sandy Beach" Worthing in front of Crystal Waters where there's a lagoon and very, very rarely is there a red flag. It's really a protected area.

Plus you can swim with the turtles there.

If all doesn't work out, just go to the bar at Crystal Waters and have a drink and relax.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Suggestions if Turtle Beach has red flags

Miami for me. In January Heywoods, Folkestone down to Brandons were red-flagged several days. Miami was perfect. The side under flightpath.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach Suggestions if Turtle Beach has red flags

The closer we get to the Summer, the calmer the sea on the West becomes, so if it's rough on the South, you should find calm seas on the West. -----------------unless of course a big storm or hurricane is going on somewhere in the Caribbean. We had rough seas on the west this week, but it was great yesterday.

Edited: 04 May 2013, 12:31
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach Suggestions if Turtle Beach has red flags

Just walk up the Gap towards Time Out and Dover Beach has a calmer area in front of Sapphire Beach Apartments. Lifeguards there too.

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach Suggestions if Turtle Beach has red flags

Agree with Sandy beach, due to the reef protection. Also Enterprise, where the lagoon side is almost never anything but flat calm. It also has great facilities, shade trees, and a very popular snack bar.