We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach with waves, but not rocky

Level Contributor
38 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Beach with waves, but not rocky

We are trying to decide which beach to stay on. I love the beauty of the west beach, but my teenagers enjoy waves. (Costa Rica has our fav beaches)

Are there any beaches with waves that aren't rocky and still have a nice beach?

We are hoping to rent a apt or hotel with a kitchen.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach with waves, but not rocky

If you enjoy waves, the south coast would probably suit you.

http://www.beachesofbarbados.com/ This site has excellent short videos most of the beaches in Barbados. Start with Rockley beach and continue to Miami. Surfer's Point is super, but probably more suited for surfer's,although we have friends that do swim there

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,273 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach with waves, but not rocky

aj-tx

I'd suggest looking at something on Enterprise (Miami) Beach, Rockley Beach or Worthing Beach if you're interested in the South Coast.

If West Coast, have a look at Paynes Bay and Heywoods Beach;

Regards

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach with waves, but not rocky

I would suggest Coral Mist. The rooms all have amazing views of the beach with everything you would want for self catering. The beach is lovely and quiet with waves. Just 5 minutes walk away is Rockley Beach, again quite wavy but it has a calm lagoon area in front of the Tiki Bar if someone prefers it.

There are also a lot of restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel if you want to eat out.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach with waves, but not rocky

If you will have a car, I would suggest Maxwell Beach Villas...great 2 bedroom, 2 bath condos...We rented directly from Rainbow Coral. Updated condo with everything you would want...on a great beach with easy access to so many other beaches....

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach with waves, but not rocky

Southern Surf is opposite Rockley beach which often has fun waves and offers good value. It's not directly on the beach as you have to cross the road to get to the beach, but all rooms are self-contained and have ocean views.

This is a fun area with a bit of "buzz" that your kids might really enjoy and the water, whilst it can be wavy on the more westerly end, has a nice calm area that's protected by a groin on the other end (closer to Southern Surf/ Blue Orchid & Coral Mist Hotels).

Level Contributor
425 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach with waves, but not rocky

I second the Southern Surf suggestion! The rooms are nicely appointed and they all have kitchenettes. As well, the staff are so fun and will help you with anything you need. Rockley can be very wavy -- it's a fun beach and there are plenty of shops and such near by.

Level Contributor
425 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach with waves, but not rocky

I second the Southern Surf suggestion! The rooms are nicely appointed and they all have kitchenettes. As well, the staff are so fun and will help you with anything you need. Rockley can be very wavy -- it's a fun beach and there are plenty of shops and such near by. There are some rocky patches but by and large just sandy and soft. Hope this helps.

8. Re: Beach with waves, but not rocky

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2014, 05:17