We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple needing advice for Barbados getaway! Help!!

Lexington, Kentucky
2 posts
Save Topic
Couple needing advice for Barbados getaway! Help!!

The Mrs and I are considering Barbados for a winter vacation. Rough dates are 19-27 December. Christmas in the Caribbean!!

We're not total tightwads but would definitely like to get the best hotel we can for our money. We'd very much like something on or near the beach. Perhaps not the cheapest hotel there is, but reasonably priced. I realize that we're travelling at probably the peak of the season.

Doing a little research on the island, it seems the best places to stay are either South or West coast.

Are there any particular towns/hotels recommended? Any advice on vehicle rental?

Our budget is semi flexible - but $3500 to include airfare is where we'd like to stay close to.

Thank you all for your help in advance and for your time.

D Casey

Approx. $3000 to include airfare if possible.

Canada
Level Contributor
569 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couple needing advice for Barbados getaway! Help!!

Check this place out right in the hub of everything have upgraded roomns

We are flying and staying there on Monday

http://www.yellowbirdbarbados.com/

Lexington, Kentucky
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Couple needing advice for Barbados getaway! Help!!

Rosie, thanks for the reply. I'll check it out. What's your cost for the lodging?

england
Level Contributor
306 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couple needing advice for Barbados getaway! Help!!

Not sure you will get much in your budget at that time of the year on the west coast. It's magical and I wouldn't stay in any other part, but is pricey as are restaurants in the area. You will find cheaper accommodation on the south coast.

4. Re: Couple needing advice for Barbados getaway! Help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 14:31
Manahawkin, New...
Level Contributor
457 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couple needing advice for Barbados getaway! Help!!

My husband and I paid $2500 total for Couples Barbados this Christmas Dec 20-27 and that includes a non stop flight out of JFK airport in NYC. Couples is doing a 1000 airfare credit and we could not pass up the deal! We are so excited!

Edited: 16 May 2013, 22:40
Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
929 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couple needing advice for Barbados getaway! Help!!

I am pretty sure hotels on the West coast will be full already, and very, very expensive at that time of year!

We stayed at the Butterfly Beach Hotel in March this year, and it was great. Room was clean, large and comfortable, shower worked really well. Best to get an ocean-view room if possible. Food was good and plentiful. It is right on the beach as well.

Very reasonable when we went, but not sure of the Xmas prices.

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,627 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couple needing advice for Barbados getaway! Help!!

agree with Cricket1997, we also got a great deal at Couples - and since its an all-inclusive the price is really great. Check it out - we used cheap carribean to book but I am sure you can book directly with them.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couple needing advice for Barbados getaway! Help!!

Liberty Travel/ Go Go are full service tour operators out of the US, if you're working with an exact budget then is suggest looking them up and seeing what they have on their books for your budget including airfare. You won't pay anymore for using a tour operator and the convenience is worth it IMO. If you did that then you could come back on the forum with options and we could help you pick the best ones.

Lytham St Anne's...
Level Contributor
218 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couple needing advice for Barbados getaway! Help!!

Another vote for Butterfly Beach!!

Elkton, Maryland
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Couple needing advice for Barbados getaway! Help!!

I would also recommend Couples Barbados. We have been to Couples in Jamaica and loved it. The $1,000 off for Barbados is too good to pass up. We are also going in December.