We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Barbados currently

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Barbados currently

My partner and I are going to Barbados in 2 weeks for the first time and we're so excited but i am a bit worried about the weather forecast - it says there is constant rain and cloud out there? Hoping it clears up soon as am desperate for some sunshine!! Is there enough breaks in the rain to get some decent sun?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Barbados currently

Yes.

Level Contributor
413 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Barbados currently

Lexi, the weather reports said chance of thunderstorms and cloudy today, in reality there has been mostly sunshine and clear skies. The clouds did roll in for a bit, 10 mins of rain, back to sunshine and now its scorching hot! It has been like this all week except Monday when it was overcast all day -- which was still an amazing day at the beach. Even when it is overcast it is still pretty bright. :) you will def'ly enjoy yourselves!

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Barbados currently

Thanks Canadian wilderness! Sounds like its lovely out there! Can't wait to get there now :)

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Barbados currently

We were on the beach all day yesterday. The sun was blazing hot. We had a few showers and just sheltered under a tree, mainly to stop our towels etc getting wet! Five minutes later we were back lying on the beach. Got a very pink face! Don't worry about the weather, it isn't like English rain, it's liquid sunshine!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
53 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Barbados currently

We will be going on Sunday. The forecast is calling for rain next week too, but I'm hoping it's just here & there as well. :)

UK Cornwall
Level Contributor
171 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Barbados currently

the forecasts you look at back home nearly always say rain, because there is a fair chance of a shower everyday in the carribean, its the way it is!!! but as other posters have said it's usually sunshine most of the day!!

Barbados
Level Contributor
309 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Barbados currently

:):) Like verderose said, it's liquid sunshine!:):) You're more than likely to have breaks in between the rainfall to enjoy some of that good sunshine.

Do enjoy your stay and let the countdown begin!!

Edited: 29 May 2013, 19:48
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Barbados currently

Yesterday was hot, fast moving patchy cloud and very breezy which was welcome. It rained for 2 minutes (turtle beach hotel). If it stays like that for the next week I'll be happy

Lee-on-the-Solent...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Barbados currently

Are you able to swim off the beach at TB or is it too rough?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in Barbados currently

It's been too rough for the last few days with red flag yesterday....