We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from my first time in barbados

Level Contributor
90 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from my first time in barbados

Hi all

Just back from my holiday and what a holiday it was.

The weather was perfect except of one day which was windy and rainy but they reckon that was the backlash of the hurricane in the US.

As i have never been anywhere outside Europe apart from what I've read on here I didn't really no what to expect. It took a day or 2, to get used to everyone on the street trying to sell you something, and the same guy everyday saying it was his birthday could I buy him a beer, but once we had, we felt totally at ease.

We stayed at dover beach hotel which I can not fault in any way. It wasn't a fancy all inclusive hotel but it was perfect for us. It was clean had a kitchenette, a bathroom and a see view.

We ate out a few times on the gap. And have to say our favourite place was harliquins the food was amazing and the staff were excellent. And what made it more special was after a day of sea fishing they kindly agreed to cook my catch for me.

As you'd expect we had a few days out. Our favs had to be cool runnings and the caves. The caves were amazing. And the cool runnings experinance was incredible.

We went on the rum tour at mount gay which was interesting, and as a big lover of food the buffet lunch after was delicious.

We did so much on this holiday I could probably babble on for hours but I won't bore you. If there is anything you want to ask ill try and answer the best I can

Cheers

Jack

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,000 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from my first time in barbados

Jack D

Glad to see another positive report on this esteemed island. Hopefully you'll return again and again and again!

Regards

Level Contributor
90 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from my first time in barbados

With out a doubt we will be back at some point just gotta save. Was concerned a little before we went with all the negative posts but there was no crime no problems only police I really were in oistins on Friday and even then they weren't doing anything.

Amazing place amazing people!

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from my first time in barbados

Jack D,

Thanks for the review!!!

Don't worry...... if you had "babbled on for hours" we all would have been happy to read it all!!

Glad that you enjoyed Barbados!!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,086 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from my first time in barbados

Another one glad to read a positive post for a change. The simple fact is, wherever you go in the world, the Bajan hospitality cannot be beaten. Weather and location aside, it is the people who make Barbados the incredibly special place it is.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from my first time in barbados

Glad you had a great time Jack.

Barbados
Level Contributor
309 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from my first time in barbados

Great review Jack D and even better that your first time was so wonderfully spent. Hope to have you again soon.

Level Contributor
90 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from my first time in barbados

It was great already saving for our next trip

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from my first time in barbados

Glad you enjoyed your first trip ..... and that you are planning your next one!

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from my first time in barbados

Glad you had a good time

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from my first time in barbados

Glad you had a nice trip, enjoyed reading your report. Seems you have been bitten by the Bim bug ;o)