We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados

portmeirion
1 post
Save Topic
Barbados

Is it safe to walk around barbados? and is there any local inns that you can eat and enjoy as opposed to just stopping in hotel?

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados

Yes safe but apply common sense precautions. Loads of places to eat etc. Where are you staying?

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados

It is probably as safe as your own home town!

No need to stay in your hotel. You really need to go out and enjoy everything that Barbados has to offer as I can assure you there is a lot to do and see. I don't know where you are staying but there will certainly be restaurants and rum shops nearby for you to enjoy the local food and drink.

Barbados is a fabulous country, with fabulous people. Just take the same precautions as you would at home and you will be fine.

Level Contributor
500 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados

Sorry to hijack but are there any recommended Rum shops/ bars near Savannah Beach hotel please

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbados

Haver you planned where to stay? South or west coast ?

Edited: 12 June 2013, 19:51
Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barbados

Welcome to the forum rose7139, have you booked yet or just starting to look, if you are just starting what are your likes and dislikes, your budget, when are you going, with that info we will be able to help you better and of course Barbados is safe to walk around and visit, eating at different places is one of the many joys of Barbados

Exmouth England
Level Contributor
699 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barbados

I feel perfectly safe walking around in Barbados. The locals are the most friendly people I ever met!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Barbados

Hi All,

My husband and I are planning a trip to Barbados in November and would like advice on what the best area is to stay. St James, Christ Church, Bridgeton???? Any recommendations on hotels? We would like to stay on the beach and prefer 4+ star hotel.

Thanks so much for the help!

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barbados

Welcome to the forum pamrose2, we prefer Christ Church area since that is the only area we have stayed in

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barbados

Pamrosa2 welcome. What do you mean by the best area? Both those you mention are excellent. There aren't any hotels in the City of Bridgetown, just some on the outskirts within walking distance of The City.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,526 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barbados

Pamrosa, I would recommend that you look on the West Coast for a 4+ star Hotel . The most expensive Hotel and 5 star + is Sandy Lane , but smaller and much nicer to many people are Coral Reef Club, and it's sister hotel , the smaller but very excellent Sandpiper. Also look at Colony Club, Treasure Beach, Fairmont Pavilion and the House ( although the house is not set in beautiful grounds unlike the others.) All these Hotels are near to Holetown in St James which is the hub of the West Coast.