We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here now help. Beaches

Level Contributor
149 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Here now help. Beaches

Hello

I am staying at all seasons Europa but what is some of the best beaches in Barbados. I know of crane beach, but what about Mullins beach and Accra beach or beaches In bridgetown. I would like to rent a chair and eat local food and snorkel right on the beach

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,072 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Here now help. Beaches

Here's a link to a map and video of some beaches.

http://www.beachesofbarbados.com/

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,274 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here now help. Beaches

I would suggest jumping on the bus from Holetown and heading to Alleynes beach and Ramshackles. It's only about a 10 minute ride.

You can rent a sun bed and an umbrella and have a few drinks and some great food. The beach there is fantastic and you can snorkel with the turtles right off the beach.

I am staying in Holetown at the moment too and that's where I will be tomorrow for sure!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,569 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here now help. Beaches

I couldn't agree more with Babiface. Alleynes Beach is the way to go. If you find Ramshackle's bit of beach is too busy for you , just walk south past the Lonestar Restaurant and you will find another , smaller beach bar called Ju Ju's..

Alleynes Beach is far wider and all together nicer than Mullins Beach, and I'm not sure if Mullins Beach Bar is open yet as it has recently changed hands.

For a Happy Hour closer to home, nip to Surfside at the back of Holetown Police Station. There is some beach work going on next door, but the Happy Hour , 4.30 to 5.30 is still a popular meeting place for Bajans and Tourists alike, and great fun. Next door, you also have Zaccios which also has a Happy Hour which you may find worth a visit.

Lee-on-the-Solent...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Here now help. Beaches

Has Alleynes Beach got another name as its not mentioned on the map?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,072 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Here now help. Beaches

Find Lone Star Restaurant Hotel on the map and Alleynes Beach is just next to it.

If you go to Google earth, Barbados you'll see it. It's clearly marked on the Google map.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,569 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Here now help. Beaches

Get on a bus and ask them to drop you off at Lonestar as Canby says. Ramshackles is directly next door to the north and Ju Ju's is down a little pathway directly to the south.

Lee-on-the-Solent...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Here now help. Beaches

Thanks everyone!

Barbados
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Here now help. Beaches

Highly recommend Ramschackle & LOVE Alleyne's beach as well!

9. Re: Here now help. Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 05:17