We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which area to stay in

manchester
12 posts
Save Topic
which area to stay in

Hi

could someone please tell me which specific area of barbados, is childfriendly, has vegetarian food, supermarket, not too far from the airport yet very close to beach. Basically close to all amenities

thank you

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,823 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which area to stay in

I think your best bet is Bougainvillea in Christ Church on the south coast of Barbados. It's 15 mins drive from the airport, on the beach, has plenty of facilities plus all rooms have cooking facilities. The supremarket is about 10 minutes walk away or you can hop on a bus.

The supermarkets sell all sorts of vegetarian food stuff plus most restaurant offer vegetarian alternatives. If you eat fish it is in abundance here in Barbados so that wont be a problem.

There are plenty of Restaruants to chose from on the South Coast so you will not be spoilt for choice there either.

Hope this helps!

Sarah

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which area to stay in

Hi,

I agree with Scary that Bougainvillea would be a good choice. Or you could also consider Accra Beach Hotel which is also a 15-20 minute taxi ride from the airport and is right on a wide beach and has a good kiddie section of the pool. It's also very child friendly and would presumably have vegetarian options available as most restaurants here do.

It is also directly across the road from a small strip mall which has a good mini mart, several small casual restaurants (chinese, pizza, seafood grill), bank machine etc. The local fast food place Chefette also has a good indoor kids playground and is also across the street. Chefette also has a steakhouse with a good salad bar and soups.

You would be within easy walking distance of several good restaurants; Champers, Berts Sports Bar and restaurant, Bistro Monet and Opa which all welcome children.

Taxi rank and buses are right outside. If you opt for Accra I'd recomment the Ocean View rooms as I have seen the "island view" rooms and they actually overlook a busy road. I have friends who stayed in Bougainvillea last year with a 5, 7 and two12 year old kids, they also stayed in Accra the year before, and perfer Accra for all the nearby amenities and ease of having the kids there. They are comming back to Accra this year.

manchester
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: which area to stay in

thank you. i have decided to get a 'vacational rental', seen some very good offers too with a private pool. What i did want to ask is why is summer considered low season in Barbados? it seems really strange to me especially as evrywhere else summer is high season. thank you

NORTH WEST
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which area to stay in

Because it is the hurricane season and high season is Dec - April, although the experts may know a different reason, hope you have a good trip.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which area to stay in

It is also low season because a lot of the tourists we get here are from Europe and during the summer when the European weather gets warm they go to France, Spain, Greece etc.

6. Re: which area to stay in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 17:19