We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent assistance required - 1st timers to Barbados

UK
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent assistance required - 1st timers to Barbados

Unfortunately we have had to cancel our flight to Accra with Virgin Atlantic, they will not give a refund but will allow us to change destination and date. We (myself and my 16 year old daughter) have decided to change to Barbados as the cost of the flights is almost identical. We will be arriving late August .... but need assistance to find accommodation. We do not need luxury but need either swimming pool or beach within a short walk (5 mins) and the hotel/apartment must have wi-fi (so I can work when necessary)

We went to Tobago last year on B & B basis and really enjoyed walking out of the hotel and eating local food (it was so yummy but also a fraction of the price of the hotel)

We really want rest and relaxation so don't want to hire a car, therefore somewhere on a bus route would also be helpful

Look forward to your suggestions and thanking you in advance :)

Ottawa
Level Contributor
242 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent assistance required - 1st timers to Barbados

My favorite is Coconut Court Beach Hotel and it ticks all your boxes. It is family owned hotel in Hastings on the south coast. It is directly on the beach and also has a nice pool, restaurant and excellent beach bar! I've been 6 times...pretty much says it all!

UK
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent assistance required - 1st timers to Barbados

Dear Positive Energy, thanks for the recommendation, do you normally book direct with the hotel? I cannot find their website

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent assistance required - 1st timers to Barbados

Other south coast options worth considering are

Coral Mist/Blue Orchids

Coral Sands

Accra Beach Hotel

Southern Palms

Butterfly Beach

Bougainvillea

Oceans 2

Pirates Inn

Turtle Beach

Take a look and see what you think .......they cover a range of budgets, board basis etc

There are plenty of options for villas/apartments too - try the usual websites like www.vrbo.com and owners direct.com

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent assistance required - 1st timers to Barbados

It's www.coconut-court.com

Check that the refurb has finished before you book as that was causing some issues a month or two ago.

Montreal QC
Level Contributor
700 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent assistance required - 1st timers to Barbados

My vote goes to Accra Beach Hotel. Beautiful beach, great pool, good service and great location with many walking options for restaurants and bars nearby. There's also a boardwalk right by the beach.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent assistance required - 1st timers to Barbados

We use wiol.com... great rates. We usually stay at Butterfly Beach and love it

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent assistance required - 1st timers to Barbados

SharonbHewett

Coconut Court, Coral Mist, Accra Beach Hotel would all fit your bill. If you're looking for something cheaper, perhaps Coral Lane Beach Apartments on the West Coast, or Maxwell Beach Apartments on the South Coast.

Regards

UK
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent assistance required - 1st timers to Barbados

thank you so much everybody, I am busy searching your recommendations :)

UK
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Urgent assistance required - 1st timers to Barbados

Concerning Butterfly Beach, what type meals do they provide for lunch and dinner and what are the approximate prices? Are there restaurants or local food huts within walking distance?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Urgent assistance required - 1st timers to Barbados

SharonbHewett

You can walk from Butterfly Beach to Oistins for very affordable meals there. Check out Surfer's Cafe or the Village Deli at Super Centre Supermarket for sure.

Regards