We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Barbados for the first time? Check this out!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Topic
Going to Barbados for the first time? Check this out!

Hello all, I have curated a few Youtube playlists on the various aspects of travelling in Barbados. If you are interested in going to Barbados, and would like to get an idea of what it is like, then have a looksee!

1. Barbados In Detail: Is a playlist consisting of a wide variety of videos ranging from professionally edited travel information documentaries, to videos of people's vacation videos which depict the wide variety of activities and experiences that can be had on the island. So browse the list and see if any of the videos catch your eye.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist…

2. Barbados Fun: is a playlist consisting of people having a good time in Barbados in all sorts of different ways. There is something for everyone in Barbados!

3. Barbados Nightlife: This playlist highlights the night time activities that are offered in Barbados. The nightlife in Barbados is one of the richest in the english speaking Eastern Caribbean!

4. Barbados History: Barbados has been popular with tourists since before tourism was an industry, and the videos in this playlist show What Barbados used to be, and its progression through the decades.

5. Barbados Relaxing: is a series of videos with Barbados scenery and sounds or soundtracks that will relax you and convince you it is probably time for a vacation.

6. Barbados Buses: Barbados has one of the most sophisticated bus systems in the caribbean which caters to tourist and locals alike! The bus has emerged as one of the big cultural phenomena when it comes to Barbados. Buses are cheap, reliable, and follow routes that cover most of the island, and they can be fun to ride on sometime. Try searching for bus videos from any other island and you won't get anywhere near as many results as you will by simply searching "Barbados bus".

Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

dorval
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Barbados for the first time? Check this out!

TdotSoul,

Great job gathering all the info and I hope those who are thinking of going to Bim for the first, or second time, have a look at your post. I've seen most of these on youtube, but it's a wealth of information all in one spot for the first timer and thanks for posting it for them. I'll be in Bim the middle of November for a month and it'll be my 17th visit, I believe and I still got a kick out of it. Great job.

Paragon 140

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Barbados for the first time? Check this out!

Brilliant - many thanks.

How can we get this post "pinned"?

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,276 posts
617 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Barbados for the first time? Check this out!

Great info....thanks so much for posting!!!!

long island
Level Contributor
295 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Barbados for the first time? Check this out!

Thanks so much. Lots to look at for us 'first timers'

Canada
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Barbados for the first time? Check this out!

So great to watch the Oistins video. I showed it to my family and friends. I had always tried to explain Oistins to them...now they get it. Thanks so much!

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Barbados for the first time? Check this out!

Brilliant! This brought back so many memories. Can't wait to go back.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to Barbados for the first time? Check this out!

Wow, thanks so much TdotSoul...13 weeks! can't wait to explore beautiful Barbados!

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to Barbados for the first time? Check this out!

As a three times a year visitor to Barbados for the last 12 years, we have taken our children on many adventures on this beautiful island. But we find ourselves writing this review to warn other families of the dangers of unregulated water sports operators. Ian at Just Chillin' Water Sports was recommended to us but little did we know, Ian had sent his second boat with a pair of incompetent operators who managed to smash the airheads that our children were on at some speed into the side of a Jet ski. The Jet ski had broken down and was awaiting rescue. The father and son on the Jet ski were thrown into the air as the Airhead exploded on impact. As our 10 year old son lay motionless in the water, we wanted to get to him as quickly as possible, as we had no idea how badly he had been injured, but the driver Louie's main concern was to pick up the inflatables. My wife had to scream for them to turn around and collect our son and it was incredibly traumatising for both my wife and our other children, who were still stranded in the water. Our son was thankfully not bleeding and hadn't hit his head, but he was in incredible pain and was deeply shocked. We pulled him on to the boat and it became apparent he had cut up his knee and leg and was screaming that his hip hurt. Meanwhile Louie's assistant managed to pull one of the inflatables on to the back of the boat and bash my sons hurt leg in the process. He muttered sorry under his breath, but that was the only apology we heard from either of those men. There was no urgency or concern shown by either of them and my wife had to scream at them to leave their inflatables alone and get us back to shore as quickly as possible. We arrived on the beach and were helped by some other boat owner onto the shore with our son, who we rushed to the Sandy Crest Medical Centre. We spent 3 hours having our son put on a drip for pain management, x-rayed for breakages and full ultrasounds to make sure there was no internal damage. We were very lucky because our son had no breakages and has been left traumatised and in considerable pain with severe bruising and swelling to his abdomen and leg. We called the person who had recommended Just Chillin to us to ask for Ian of Just Chillin to call us. We have since heard nothing from the owner of Just Chillin' Watersports. As far as we are concerned this man and his crew are very lucky that there was not a fatality and we have been left to suffer the after affects of the crash that could have killed either one of our children or the jet-skier and his son, let alone the cost at the Medical Centre. Our concern now is to make sure that the driver of our boat Louie does not drive anyone else - he is not skilled enough or competent to drive a boat and our fear is that if he is to continue as a boat operator there will be a death. Also he was absolutely useless in the aftermath and incapable of acting in a swift and professional manner. He and his assistant caused an horrific accident and showed no concern or contrition and this accident was caused by their incompetence. BE VERY CAREFUL WHO YOU USE WHEN GOING OUT ON THE WATER.

Ballina, Ireland
Level Contributor
641 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Going to Barbados for the first time? Check this out!

Thanks very much for posting those links, I will now be totally useless for the rest of the day , I will be watching youtube..... "Wink"

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Going to Barbados for the first time? Check this out!

Nick W, I'm glad to hear your kids were OK! It must have been an awful experience I can't even imagine. I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled for that company.

Thank you for your feedback guys, I'm really glad you enjoyed my playlists and found them helpful! I'm not so sure how to pin this post at the top. Probably an admin would have to do it under certain circumstances. Other than that, the only other way is to keep adding fresh posts!