We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities to do with 2 year old

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
Activities to do with 2 year old

Heading to Barbados in October. Would like activities to do out side for the hotel with my 23 month old daughter. Would like to do the turtle boat trip / swim and also any other recommendations.

Please advise if you can thanks in advance Sam

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
134 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities to do with 2 year old

We went or the first time last year with our two children - our youngest was 3.

Thoroughly recommend the Barbados Wildlife Reserve where you can see tortoises, deer and of course the green monkeys. It wasn't huge amounts of money. We also went to Harrison's Cave but I felt the children were too young for that.

To be honest, mine loved just digging in the beach and playing in the sea or at the pool. We couldn't find any play areas other than at Chefette restaurants (equivalent of McDonalds) but we used to go there and have a milkshake and watch the kids play!

Have a great time - we are also going back in October :)

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,193 posts
347 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities to do with 2 year old

SDWD76

I would also suggest the Barbados Wildlife Reserve. Children love it. Be sure to go around 2pm in the afternoon when the monkeys are being fed.

Regards

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,399 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Activities to do with 2 year old

Can you tell us where you will be staying , then Imay be able to recommend a Turtle Trip for you.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Activities to do with 2 year old

Turtle Beach

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,399 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Activities to do with 2 year old

Well I was going to recommend a guy with a vintage Glass Bottom Boat who sails from Holetown and is brilliant with families with small children, but that may be further than you want to travel. However, the main Turtle Trips go to the west coast anyway.

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Activities to do with 2 year old

The beach, and plenty of play toys. A 2 year old has a limited attention span and won't remember any of the vacation later anyhow. Do what YOU want and bring her along.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,399 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Activities to do with 2 year old

I SOOO agree Richaaard If I was 2 I'd only need the beach------------------come to think about it , not a lot has changed lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Activities to do with 2 year old

May not sound very exciting but I went in July and took my 4 yr old to the playpark in Chefette she loved it, it has that squashy tarmac stuff so quite safe and theres lots of things for little children to trouble. You also get to kill 2 birds with one stone as you can get a bite to eat and then your little can have a good run around. A word of advice though if you are going to go be sure to put your little on in long shorts or something similiar as my little one had shorts and got stuck to the slide and literally had to scoot down poor thing.

We went to the one in Speightown but I'm sure theres one in Rockely, and it was enclosed so the kids can run around as much as they like without escaping.

Also as other people said the little ones love the beach and the pool for sure

9. Re: Activities to do with 2 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 06:21