We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mullins beach bar/restaurant

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Mullins beach bar/restaurant

Just wondered if anyone had tried out Mullins restaurant/bar since it reopened under new management a little while ago? Is it much different?

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mullins beach bar/restaurant

My friend and I went a few weeks ago, Babiface, during a Sunday lunchtime restaurant and bar crawl,--------------------- we wanted to eat at Bo's Plaice, as we love the food there, but it was closed. The menu at Mullins seemed just as expensive as it was before .so we just had a couple of drinks. They have painted one of the old Monkey Bar Monkeys on the wall, and were going to paint another one. We spoke to Jason, and told him we had thought it was going back to how it was in the old days. He said it was, but I don't recall the old beach Bar having Champagne on the menu or a roped off area for Royal Westmoreland clients !!!

Drinks were pleasant enough, but it's still pretty upmarket . We ended up at Surfside ( we'd been to Ramshackles a couple of days before) , and had their World beating cheese burger for a more realistic price LOL

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mullins beach bar/restaurant

Oh what a shame! May still pop in for a drink though. Thanks for the info.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,713 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mullins beach bar/restaurant

To someone on holiday, it probably wasn't that expensive, it's a bit different when you spend a lot of time there though -------------------see what you think. I was disappointed, because I loved it when it WAS the Monkey Bar, however, Jason reminded me that WAS 20 odd years ago and times change ???????

( Not always for the better in my view )

Edited: 23 September 2013, 18:56
4. Re: Mullins beach bar/restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 September 2013, 21:35
West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mullins beach bar/restaurant

Westie

Well considering I am on a long stay then I understand what you are saying only too well!

I also love the position of that restaurant/bar especially at lunchtime and then sunset. I don't remember the Monkey Bar but I do remember when they used to have steel pan on the deck on a Sunday afternoon, that was brilliant!

Just feel that it would be much better if it was a little more casual ... but that's just my opinion.

Lee-on-the-Solent...
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Mullins beach bar/restaurant

We stopped and had lunch there last month and thought it was very expensive for what you got.

7. Re: Mullins beach bar/restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 05:19