We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Struggling with finding a hotel

derbyshire
Level Contributor
222 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Struggling with finding a hotel

I'm looking for a self catering hotel with nice pool, on the beach, that we can swim in and wAlk along to get to other places. A location that is convienent to walk to shops, bars and restaurants, and in the mid price range, does this place exist? The hotel that is favourite at the moment is the Bougainville beach resort, but am concerned about the sea being a bit too rough (is this true) Ive also looked at Amaryllis beach resort and coconut court beach resort, but apparently the sea has rocks in it close to the waters edge which makes them a no no for me. The Coral sands beach hotel looked nice but very small pool. Can anyone help me and also as I'm booking flights and hotel separately when is the best time to book the hotel, we're coming in June next year.thanks.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
10,308 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Struggling with finding a hotel

Suggest Tropical Sunset apt. hotel in Holetown - calmer sea waters - (being west coast) - has great supermarket across the road, right on the beach, pool in the garden, next to restaurant Zaccios - close to all sort of restaurants in all sorts of price ranges - bus stops out side the hotel - so easy to access all places of interest - entertainment - excellent shopping centres - beach will be totally restored by end of November this year - so will be glorious again.

derbyshire
Level Contributor
222 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Struggling with finding a hotel

Thank you for your reply, I looked at tropical sunset, but I discounted it on the size of the pool and looking at the photos on tripadvisor thought it looked small and abit tatty (scruffy) am I wrong, shall I look at it again.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Struggling with finding a hotel

Accra Hotel might suit you.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
10,308 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Struggling with finding a hotel

Tropical Sunset had a major reno this past summer - (you may be looking at old photos) - building owners - who also own Zaccios took it back from lessee who had run the hotel into the ground when it was called Sunswept (only took money out never put money back in)- so now refurbished and a good choice we would suggest.

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Struggling with finding a hotel

Agree with Canby on the Accra Hotel

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,636 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Struggling with finding a hotel

Just to say that the "sea rocks" that you say are at Coconut Court Hotel.. aren't really going to be an issue getting in and out of the water.. it's not like you have to climb over them to get into the sea.. just basically pebbles on the beach They also have a purpose built breakwater which makes for a great swimming area on a great stretch of beach right in front of the hotel. from there you can either walk right and go to The Hilton beach or left and walk down the boardwalk and find many things.. Restaurants, shops and even more swimming areas on the eastern end of the board walk..

Montreal QC
Level Contributor
700 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Struggling with finding a hotel

I love Accra, but they don't have self-catering. I'd look at Coral Mist/Blue Orchids.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Struggling with finding a hotel

I love Blue Orchids having stayed there myself but I think the OP is looking for a bigger pool and calmer sea.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Struggling with finding a hotel

Coral Sands might work for you .... lovely setting, great beach, large rooms all with ocean view and good self catering facilities. Yes, the pool is small but there is a lagoon area on the beach in front which is invariably calm for swimming. We loved it there.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
10,308 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Struggling with finding a hotel

OP - the problem is that there are not a lot of self catering hotels in Holetown- most self catering is in condos and villas - have you considered Villas on the Beach - they have a pool - it is beside Tropical Sunset - very upscale and not tatty/scruffy - and right in the middle of Holetown.