We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise day

Toronto
Level Contributor
149 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise day

Hello,

I will be spending a port day in Barbados(9am to 5pm). My itinerary is quite simple:

1) Take a tour to Carlisle Bay to snorkel with turtles and see shipwreks. 9am-12pm

2) Lunch at Bridgetown 12pm-2pm

2) Taxi to Harrison Cave 2pm-5pm

My question is...

Is this actually enough time to travel to and see Harrison Cave? Or am I better off just staying in Bridgetown and explore the area?

Thanks! Look forward to your advice!

Texas
Level Contributor
69 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise day

I think that you can do one combo only. Either Carlisle Bay and the city lunch or Harrison's Cave and the city lunch. Trying to do all most likely will have you left in Barbados watching the ship sail away.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise day

snipetress

I would personally skip Bridgetown and just go to Harrison Cave first, then somewhere on the East Coast like the Atlantis Hotel for lunch, then go to Carlisle Bay in the afternoon. That is very doable with a good driver.

Regards

Toronto
Level Contributor
149 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise day

Thanks!! I also found a similar itinerary with viator (Harrison cave, then carlislebay) just now.

If I get a driver, perhaps I can go to North Point as well. The pictures of north point seem extraordinary.... But I don't see many tours going there for some reason. Is it worth it?

New itinerary could be:

1) north point

2) Bathsheba

3) carlisle bay

Or

1) Harrison cave

2) Atlantis hotel lunch

3) Carlisle bay

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise day

I believe that North point is definitely worth a visit....it is wild and incredibly beautiful!!!

I think it's one of the most amazing/beautiful spots on the Island!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
149 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise day

Thanks for your input susieQ067Canada. :-) Unfortunately, I am on a cruise day... so time is limited. But I think I am going to North Point instead of Carlisle Bay. My rationale is that there are plenty of beaches in the Carribbean, but not that many places with the wild beauty of North Point. I hope this is a good tradeoff.... :-)

Habich
Level Contributor
814 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise day

If you are in from 9 to 5, when do you have to be back on board. I am certain 4 to4:30. Think of the traffic. There is traffic on Barbados!!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
149 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise day

Darn it!!! I forgot about traffic. :-( So many things to see. I suppose I'll have to come back to Barbados as a future trip. One cruise day is simply scratching the surface...

Habich
Level Contributor
814 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise day

I was on a cruise once through the Antilles back to Europe. On Good Friday. I advised the People to take the Taxis and not to rent cars. Because of the traffic. Many did not believe me. We had "all on board" at 3pm. 3 People didn't make it. About 6 were happy we had a delay because of getting supplys for going over the ATlantic. So please be careful. At lease the taxidrivers knew how to take shortcuts. And they take care to see that the People get back on time. got alot of free Drinks as thank you gifts!!!

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise day

If you went to North point in the morning, back down Cherry Tree HIll to the east coast and down that way for lunch, you could probably stop off at Bottom Bay (beautiful) or Foul Bay on the way back. You can't really swim at those beaches, but they are beautiful to see and walk along.

Or, if you did head back towards the port after lunch Carlisle Bay would make some sense as it is close-ish to the port.

10. Re: Cruise day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 04:18