We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Boat/Catamaran trip company?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
588 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
Best Boat/Catamaran trip company?

We are looking to book a catamaran/boat cruise but have noticed that there are a lot of companies. Which is the best one to go on?

We definitely want to snorkel and swim with turtles. Not fussed about five star buffet/champagne we just want to have a really good time in maybe 4 hours?

Any advice will be appreciated :) Thanks

PS We are staying in holetown if that helps in march 2014

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
13,496 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Boat/Catamaran trip company?

If you are staying in Holetown, then the best cruise you can go on is the only catamaran based in Holetown, and that is "Stiletto 1 "owned by Peter Allen ( Rabbit) He can cruise up the west coast far further than the Bridgetown Cats, because he is already on the West Coast. The Catamaran is smaller than the big party boats like Tiami, Cool Runnings and El Tigre, etc but plenty big enough and it is not packed to the gills as they can be.

Plenty of drinks, cool music, swimming with Turtles and a chance to see where the stars live with a fun crew is a recipe for a fun morning or afternoon.

Stiletto has a choice of cruises, so give Rabbit a call when you get here and discuss what you are wanting with him.

Telephone 246 233 5740

ps Stiletto usually sails from the beach at the bottom of 1st Street close to Mango Bay Hotel.

Edited: 10 November 2013, 18:06
Mentioned in this post
Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Boat/Catamaran trip company?

We love Cool Runnings. It is a larger cat than Stiletto but we have been on it 8 times and never found it to be overly full. You get a good lunch and drinks are available throughout the cruise. The crew are very professional and helpful both in the water and on board. You stop for swimming with the turtles and also a stop for snorkeling over a wreck as well as a stop for lunch. It really is a brilliant day out and one we would not miss.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,789 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Boat/Catamaran trip company?

I would recommend Calabaza. I went on this catamaran just yesterday and had a brilliant day! They collect you from your accommodation and drop you back.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Boat/Catamaran trip company?

gavandstace

Cool Runnings and Silver Moon would be my top recommendations. Silver Moon limits their journeys to just 12 during the week where as Cool Runnings carries more. You won't feel overcrowded though as the Cool Runnings vessel was made for 70.

Regards

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,739 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Boat/Catamaran trip company?

Totally agree with Babiface, Calabaza is top notch.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
588 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Boat/Catamaran trip company?

Thanks for all of your tips looks like I need to do some research- Cool Runnings is the only one I have previously heard of so will do some research into the others- thanks :)

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Boat/Catamaran trip company?

I did Silver Moon a few years back. Smaller amount of people which I prefer. Have heard of lots of people using Calabaza. Seen pictures from other peoples day out and they look very nice. All depends if you are into the party boats with more people on them. I prefer less people more room. I am sure you will enjoy which every cruise you pick. A day out on the ocean is a fabulous day. Just remmeber the sunscreen :)

Enjoy

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
423 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Boat/Catamaran trip company?

Elegance was wonderful. They only take 12-14 people and it was fantastic.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Boat/Catamaran trip company?

Seaduced (Chris Warren). Maximum of 12. Fabulous crew, food & overall experience. Would go with them again without a shadow of a doubt.

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Boat/Catamaran trip company?

We've been out with Calabaza twice, and both times were great. Would not hesitate to book with them again.