We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lone star

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
480 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Lone star

Does anyone know if the Lone Star restaurant has reopened yet?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,670 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lone star

ashbriar

I don't think so to be honest. I drove by there recently and still saw construction work going on. Maybe this has changed?

Regards

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
480 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lone star

Thanks BGI, we have lunch booked there in a couple of weeks, I better give them a call.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lone star

I heard it opened last week.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lone star

Sailed past last week and all the furniture was wrapped and stacked and workmen all over the place

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,538 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lone star

Yes it has opened, but I haven't been as yet. Hope to pay a visit soon, but I have learned in the past, to let new or new ownership restaurants "iron out their wrinkles" for a couple of weeks first!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,538 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lone star

I just spoke to a friend who ate at Lone Star last night, and it seems I was right to wait a while. Food was "ok" but service was abysmal and a strange "extra" charge was added to their bill -------------------then removed. I'll leave it a couple more weeks I think.

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
480 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lone star

Thanks everyone, sounds like you're right Westie, hope it's ok in a couple of weeks, it should be food wise as the new head chef was chef de cuisine at Sandy Lane a few years back, will do a review after our lunch.

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lone star

It opened late last week and we ate there on Saturday night - it was truly excellent, see my restaurant review here on Trip Advisor - the layout has changed (for the better) and they have retained a lot of things that made it special.

A family member overheard certain people on the Island saying that the opening night in their opinion wasn't great but we put this down to first night teething problems and were right to do so as our visit there was superb.

6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Lone star

I'm sitting there at the moment having a lovely lunch so its definitely open again. :-)

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,670 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lone star

Good to hear. I would swear I saw workmen there just last week.