We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise stop in January - best way to spend day

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Cruise stop in January - best way to spend day

We are spending a full day in port and would appreciate advice on the best way to spend the day. I don't want to book anything through the cruise line. I will be with my 19 & 21 year old kids. Should we rent a car or use taxi? Best beaches or places to visit? We're only interested in minimal shopping, so would prefer to spend the day exploring the island. Thanks!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,225 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise stop in January - best way to spend day

ReginaC_2010

I would suggest hiring a taxi for the day to take you around the island. Key points to see would be Bridgetown, Holetown, St. Nicholas Abbey, Harrison Cave, Bathsheba and perhaps somewhere on the South Coast such as Rockley.

Regards

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,592 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise stop in January - best way to spend day

Agree about getting a taxi. I would have a tour of the East coast then round onto the South coast taking in Miami/Enterprise beach, Dover beach, Rockley beach and have a bite to eat at the Tiki bar sat right on the beach. You are then not too far away from the port.

This type of tour will probably suite your kids looking at their age.

Agree a price with the taxi driver before you do anything and make sure you are quoted in BDS dollars not US unless it is half the amount of BDS price

2 BDS dollar = 1 US dollar.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise stop in January - best way to spend day

Thank you!

4. Re: Cruise stop in January - best way to spend day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2014, 05:16