We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seat allocation...................

england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
seat allocation...................

i have crawled out of bed to get the seats i want, 90 days before travel, i travel on 21st march , but cant find anywhere to do this, can anyone help please

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seat allocation...................

Presumably with Virgin? So just go into manage my booking and follow the on screen instructions.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seat allocation...................

By not 90 yet I think for you

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seat allocation...................

I think you have another couple of days to wait yet!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: seat allocation...................

The time starts to run exactly 90 days to the hour from your departure time. So, if your flight departs say at 1.30pm on 22March then you would be able to reserve your seats from 1.30pm today.

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
616 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: seat allocation...................

TMF if you continue to have problems, take a look at the discussion on www.v-flyer.com It may help explain what's going on. Virgin are in the process of rolling out their new "pay to choose your seat" programme for Econ passengers (PE and Upper will still be free) and it looks as if in the meantime there are some IT issues. Good luck! One comfort is that if you cant choose your seats then presumably no one else can either.

england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: seat allocation...................

just rung them, seems everything has changed, cant do until 30 days before departure now, i work that out to be 20th Feb, she says 21st Feb, so i just don't know

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: seat allocation...................

Hi

We travel on 12th March and I was able to request seats 90 days before with no problems and then thought I would have to log in on Boxing Day for the return trip BUT then Virgin decided to change the rules and from 18th December you can only request seats 30 days before. I can't get into my booking now and just hope that my seat request for the outbound flight is still there. Also, apparently this is an interim measure as from June (I think) they are going to start charging £25 per person per flight to request seats in economy although seats in Upper and Premium Economy will still be free (for the moment).

By the way, you can access your booking to request seats from 8am on the relevant day.

As LuvCSA has said, look on v-flyer as there is some great information on there (not just about this topic).

Hope this helps!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
136 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: seat allocation...................

The following is an extract from the Virgin website:

"Selecting seats and exceptions

Published 17/12/2007 03.01 PM Updated 18/12/2013 12.34 PM

Changes to the way you choose your seats in advance

Between 18 December 2013 and 30 January 2014 you will only be able to assign seats for flights departing on or before 01 March 2014. For most flights between 01 February 2014 until 31 May 2014 seats will be available to select 30 days before departure and from 01 June seats will be available from time of booking. Seats can be assigned through Manage Flights which is available up to 24 hours before departure.

• From 01 April 2014, customers flying between London Gatwick and Las Vegas will be able to pay to choose seats up to 336 days in advance. If you’re travelling to or from Tokyo you’ll also be able to choose seats 336 days in advance, free of charge.

• From 01 April 2014 exit row and extra legroom seats will be available to choose and buy from the online seat map up to 336 days in advance, on all routes.

• From 01 May 2014 customers flying to our Africa, Asia, Caribbean and Australian destinations and Gatwick to Orlando will be able to pay to choose seats up to 336 days in advance.

• From 01 June 2014 customers flying on all routes will be able to pay to choose their seats up to 336 days in advance.

Please note: If you already have a seat selected for a flight that departs either before or after 01 April 2014 you will be able to keep it.

How much will advanced seat assignment cost?

The cost to assign a seat will be from £25 per person per flight (£50 per round trip) on Virgin Atlantic long haul flights. This is with the exception of our Tokyo route which will remain free of charge. There is no charge on Virgin Atlantic Little Red UK domestic flights.

Please note: For now you won’t be able to pay to choose your seat using Miles or Miles plus money, but we hope to be able to offer you this soon"

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: seat allocation...................

This suggests June 2014 seats should be bookable now? They aren't. :-(

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: seat allocation...................

This suggests June 2014 seats should be bookable now? They aren't. :-(