We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Police going to investigate Boscobel gang

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Police going to investigate Boscobel gang

nationnews.com/articles/…

Well it isn't before time but better late than never. Good news!

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Police going to investigate Boscobel gang

That is good news indeed, it is time something was done about these guys.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
835 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Police going to investigate Boscobel gang

Where is Boscobel - tried to google map it but no luck - just want to be aware about that area - it won't stop me travelling round!??

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,005 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Police going to investigate Boscobel gang

It is north east area. Don't let it put you off driving around it is part of the fun of Barbados...we regularly drive to the East coast over Cherry Tree Hill and you don't go through Boscobel. Only real time you head that way is from North point to East Coast but it is avoidable. Anyway hopefully soon there will be no need to avoid it.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
835 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Police going to investigate Boscobel gang

I won't let it put me off just wondered where it was as then I can be a bit more aware not to stop in that area if I se people trying to flag me down - thanks for that!

scotland
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Police going to investigate Boscobel gang

Not before time, been at it for years

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Police going to investigate Boscobel gang

Good news indeed! I think it was 2006 that we were stopped by them.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,591 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Police going to investigate Boscobel gang

When you read the whole article the Police are saying they have made numerous arrests at Boscobel over the years -------------------Really ? Anyway, hopefully they will now do something . I have to say, I have never even seen them, but then I've never travelled on that road in a hire car.

Montreal QC
Level Contributor
700 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Police going to investigate Boscobel gang

I've been stopped by this notorious gang (lol) and I must say, this is tame considering expectations and having dealt with much worse people back home.

I stopped and they were actually very friendly to me. Don't get me wrong, they shouldn't be tricking people and forcing them off the road, but it was far less of an issue than I thought it was going to be. I find myself laughing that they're being arrested for it. What they're doing is stupid for sure, but I never felt threatened.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Police going to investigate Boscobel gang

We actually ended up there by mistake last week (didn't realize it at the time), we got lost on the way to the animal sanctuary. A young man waved us down and was actually helped us out with directions, told us to turn around and gave us directions.

He said "He and his friends from Boscobel help tourists all day long with directions" and that's what they do. Then he asked us for a drive (our car was full), we turned around and left... maybe we just got lucky, but I didn't realize until afterward that we were in a bad place.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Police going to investigate Boscobel gang

They are not all 'nice' believe me, they can be intimidating and aggressive a friend of mine was subjected to their abuse a couple of years ago, being of a nervous disposition it really upset her and she will not go to that part if the island again. The police do not arrest people for the fun of it.