We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colony Club / Ocean Two or others?

Garland, Texas
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Colony Club / Ocean Two or others?

My wife and I are considering a trip to Barbados this summer. We narrowed it down to either staying in a poolside room at the Colony Club or a Ocean Two ocean view suite. We've traveled before but this would be our first time in Barbados. What are some thoughts about the two options?

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
11,101 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colony Club / Ocean Two or others?

Suggest the Colony Club - lovely hotel on the west coast - close to Holetown - and all the restaurants and activities there - calm waters and Folkestone Marine park for snorkeling.

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colony Club / Ocean Two or others?

There's nothing wrong at all about O2 . Beautiful hotel , with everything literally on your doorstep.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colony Club / Ocean Two or others?

Both are good options to stay at. Colony Club is in a quieter area if you like that and while it is quiet in and around Oceans 2 you have restaurants and bars pretty close by.

london
Level Contributor
116 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Colony Club / Ocean Two or others?

colony club on the west coast is far superior beautiful hotel,holetown on your door step with wonderful restaurants and the lime grove mall with lovely shops, Louis Vuitton etc plus surfside beach bar for sunset cocktails

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Colony Club / Ocean Two or others?

Oceans 2 would be my choice.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,080 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Colony Club / Ocean Two or others?

You will find that west coast fans will recommend Colony Club and south coast fans, Ocean Two. I live on the west coast in Holetown and wouldn't want to be anywhere else, but it's all down to personal choice.

To me the west side is more verdant, and many Hotels , including Colony Club are set in lovely grounds well off the road . Also, the sea, especially in the Summer, is much more calm on our side. so water sports of all kinds are more available if that is your interest.. Holetown has great restaurants bars, and shops plus what is known as the best night club on the Island "Priva" but then St Lawrence Gap also has good restaurants and nightlife. Wherever you choose in Barbados , you will have a great holiday.

7. Re: Colony Club / Ocean Two or others?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2015, 05:18