We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
MA
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Topic
Lone Star

I know there have been posts on the Lone Star in the recent past, but now that they've been reopened for about a month, I'm wondering if we can refresh the topic and hear from people who have eaten there recently. I'm heading to Barbados in a couple of weeks (!!!!) and want to start making plans. Thanks, everyone!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lone Star

I'm not sure if you saw my post whilst we were in Barbados around 15th December we had dinner there and lunch a few days earlier. I was really impressed the food, ambiance and service was very nice, we thoroughly enjoyed both visits. I thought they did a great job with the renovations. The view when you go at lunch time is fabulous as you walk down the stairs as you see right through to the ocean with the new roof. I used to like the old Lone Star but did think it was starting to look tired so to me they kept the good bits and just improved it.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,066 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lone Star

Chappy05, this used to be one of my favourite restaurants, but just look at the current reviews---------They are a bit off putting to say the least, and mostly written by Lonestar regulars The bad reviews, far outweigh the good at present.. Personally , I am in two minds whether to risk my hard earned cash there, when there are so many safer choices . Sounds like you were lucky UKTripfan !!

If you go, Chappy please let us know what you think.

Edited: 06 January 2014, 20:59
Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lone Star

I agree uktripfan we too had two lovely meals here and we were very impressed with the renovations which have taken place. The ambiance of the place has improved greatly and we look forward to eating there again March. I sometimes wonder about the authenticity of these reviews, reading about different reviews of the same place makes me wonder if I am reading about the same place.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lone Star

Well if we had only been once I could agree Westie but twice we had great food and to be honest they could not have been more helpful. I have a lot of food intolerances and they made my evening meal especially for me and kept checking everything was ok. Mine was lovely as was hubby's. I have just looked at the reviews and there are more good than bad. Anyway all I could suggest is people try it for themselves and for me the prices are not The Cliff so it isn't as if you would be spending a fortune.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lone Star

Well if we had only been once I could agree Westie but twice we had great food and to be honest they could not have been more helpful. I have a lot of food intolerances and they made my evening meal especially for me and kept checking everything was ok. Mine was lovely as was hubby's. I have just looked at the reviews and there are more good than bad. Anyway all I could suggest is people try it for themselves and for me the prices are not The Cliff so it isn't as if you would be spending a fortune.

Edited: 06 January 2014, 22:00
Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,036 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lone Star

Sorry posted twice off my phone!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,066 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lone Star

I was talking about the most recent reviews UK , but ok , I'll give it a go later in February, when they have had a bit more time. One of my favourite dishes used to be their Sea Food Linguine.------can you remember if that is still on the menu ?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lone Star

We LOVE Lone Star having stayed in their 'old' Lincoln Suite a couple of times for 17/18-night holidays and so also ate extremely often in the restaurant. Everything was always First Class.

We have just revisited the restaurant on a couple of occasions recently, once for Sunday Lunch (still wonderful) and have to report that the renovations are absolutely superb. Everything looks fresh, clean and modern.

In the past Waiting-Staff could be a problem - not because of lack of efficiency but because of glum faces. 30+ left at the end of the old ownership and 40+ were employed. It worked - everyone is much chirpier.

Really the best restaurant on the West Coast with the most fabulous views from every table. GO GO GO - I can't see how you could regret it.

south east
Level Contributor
935 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lone Star

Twice I have sent an e-mail regarding Christmas dinner and twice I have received no reply! I won't bother again, so they won't be getting my custom anymore! They could have at least told me it was too early or perhaps,' yes madam, we would love to take your booking.' Not replying at all is pretty poor and pretty unprofessional!

10. Re: Lone Star

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 05:18