We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time between leaving ship and flying out

Yelverton
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Time between leaving ship and flying out

We are having a week on Barbados (Bougainvillea Beach resort) followed by a week on Royal Clipper. We anticipate having to leave the ship mid morning and are flying back to the UK with BA at 1710; rather than spend the day at the airport we are thinking about going first to the airport if we can check in in the morning to get rid of bags and then having lunch on a nice beach not too far away (possibly Miami/Enterprise having read earlier postings). Any suggestions? It would be useful to have somewhere to shower/change for our overnight flight.

Thanks in anticipation. We are really looking forward to our visit!

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,798 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time between leaving ship and flying out

You can always check in early, that just depends on what time BA has agents at the airport to do that, and also when BA expects you to go through security. Most airlines expect passengers through security in a timely manner to avoid flight departure delays.

Yelverton
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time between leaving ship and flying out

Can anyone tell me what is the earliest you can check in for the BA flight to London?

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
14,932 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time between leaving ship and flying out

Think you are optimistic about leave the Royal Clipper mid morning - they wanted all passengers off at 9.am a couple of years ago, - Breakfast was at 7.30 - luggage had to be outside your cabin night before -

Yelverton
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time between leaving ship and flying out

I am still looking for suggestions! We leave the ship at 0900 and I don't think we can check are bags in until at least 2.30 pm. I think Star Clippers offer a couple of excursions but they are pricey and it looks as if the beach club they used has closed. We are considering: hiring a car for the day and finding lunch/beach, leaving bags in car: or going to a hotel for lunch/swim; or perhaps a day pass for a resort; any suggestions? Ideally near the airport, and somewhere we can use towels and shower/change for our flight.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Time between leaving ship and flying out

There is always the Boatyard. It wouldn't be my first choice, but it has all the facilities you need and is on the lovely Carlisle Bay. Not sure they provide towels though.

Mentioned in this post
The Boatyard
The Boatyard
1,122 Reviews
Barbados
Carlisle Bay
Carlisle Bay
1,839 Reviews
Barbados
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,511 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Time between leaving ship and flying out

Since you will already have stayed at the Bougainvillea maybe you can contact then to see if you can make some sort of arrangement.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Time between leaving ship and flying out

I think Canby's suggestion is a good one but if that doesn't work have a look at barbadosdaypass.com/day-passes-old/4540388997 for a list of hotels that offer day passes.

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
14,932 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Time between leaving ship and flying out

Try Southern Palms - they used to do a Sunday lunch - when one could spend the morning - eat lunch, swim etc. - they would probably store your luggage for you while you "hung out" there and maybe they would do you a 'Sat." lunch instead if Bougainvillea doesn't want to cooperate ? - and you'd be heading in the right direction for the airport.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,401 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Time between leaving ship and flying out

I recall a thread a while ago about very high costs of storing luggage at the Boug for guests who went to another island for a few days. I know you are only talking about 1 day but ....

Southern Palms do bar meals every day so that's a possibility but of course there would only be the cold shower by the pool. Do explore the day pass idea as I think that might work out quite cost effective in the end and they may well give you access to a courtesy room to get washed and changed?

10. Re: Time between leaving ship and flying out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 05:17