We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Map

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Map

Another question. last time we were there, rented a car for a week, the local maps we found left a lot to be desired. We got lost everytime we went somewhere, although they turned into pleasant trips. Anyway, where can i get a good map on line?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Map

You can download BajanNav to a Garmin device if you have one or you can hire a sat nav device from some of the local car rental companies with your vehicle.

http://bajannav.com/

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Map

If you have an Android tablet or phone you can also cache the local map you want to by zooming to it or searching for it in the Maps application, then typing "ok maps" into the search box. You then have an offline copy that doesn't need a data connection. It won't let you turn by turn navigate but it is pretty good.

Caterham, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Map

I'd never heard of the 'ok maps' function - great tip.

On googling it, it seems that was a temporary work around and now you can just click search and then scroll to the bottom and find 'Make this map area available offline'.

Either way seems to work, and hopefully I now have the whole of Barbados cached and ready!

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Map

Excellent! Have fun.

John

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
539 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Map

There's a place in Ottawa called "World of Maps". I bought a Barbados map there for about $10 Cdn and they do Internet sales. The map is by International Travel Maps and the scale is 1 : 40,000. Someone remarked here recently that Boscobelle isn't on the Barbados In a Nutshell maps, but it's on this one.

Here's the link: www.worldofmaps.com/search_results.cfm…

Brian

New York
Level Contributor
599 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Map

There is a very detailed, many paged Atlas of Barbados that was published several years ago. I bought it at Cave Shepherd. I found it a bit unwieldy while you are driving (even as the passenger) and prefer the BajanNav.

7. Re: Map

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 05:21